Chapter 2: Moving Forward

Three whole months have gone by after defeating Ranrok, and about two and a half months have passed since seeing Nurse Blaney about the nightmares. The treatment and bi-weekly visits with her have truly helped a lot. I haven't woken up a screaming mess again.

I could tell Imelda appreciates it. 

The first couple weeks following Nurse Blaney's treatments were rough though, all I could do was cry. 

Nurse Blaney assured me that was completely normal, given everything that had happened. 

"The O.W.L.s wait for no one Miss Graves, the best thing for you to focus on right now is your studies, and please, try to enjoy yourself in whatever free time you have left!", so that's exactly what I did.

Because there was no quidditch this year, all thanks to Headmaster Black, my classmates resorted to other forms of entertainment... Life-size Wizard's Chess! The students arranged games in the dungeons for the end of every week. The championship will be this weekend, and our O.W.L.s begin next week. The Chess championship comes down to Slytherin and Gryffindor, we were supposed to face Ravenclaw during the championship, but as luck may have it Ravenclaw's team captain Amit Thakkar is stuck in the hospital wing with severe carpel tunnel. Something about "Spending too much time in the Astronomy tower"? whatever that means. 

Imelda, naturally being Slytherin's team captain, had asked me to join the team a few weeks ago. I, of course, declined. I needed to focus on my studies since most of my year consisted of battling across the countryside, and even though I'm Slytherin, I have no finesse when it comes to wizard's chess. 

I am more than happy only attending the matches, they proved to be quite entertaining. 

After watching only a few matches I started to notice how excited I was alongside my classmates waiting for the next match.

Sebastian Sallow watches the games every week.

 I like to watch him watch the games. Maybe that's why I get so excited for the weekend. 

No, No, 

NO. 

I can't think about him anymore. I've been able to keep our pleasantries up, but that's it. I hate that I thought we were so close, 

we weren't. we just weren't.

We fought side by side, and yes I felt stronger with him beside me, with a goal at hand. 

Saving Anne was all Sebastian and I had. 

Just another classmate needing help. That was my role here after all. 

There was a time when maybe I thought our relationship was deeper than that, but it wasn't. It just wasn't.

 The relic is gone. Solomon is dead. Anne moved away. There is nothing.

 Ominis doesn't even talk to me much anymore, he owls me now and again to catch up, but so does every other classmate I helped once. There is nothing here to think about, it's just over.

Dammit.

I hate that I still miss him. I only hate it because I know he doesn't care. I hate that I was just "help" to him. How could he do that? 

Like I said though, we only knew each other as two individuals with a cause, a cause to wreak havoc... 

What cause is there now? 

None.

It's May 13th, and my 16th birthday is this Saturday, the 16th. 

Golden birthday!