promises=broken

{steve}

7:00 pm

I was beyond devastated, Stephanie was avoiding me or something. She skipped over our plans, for the entire day...maybe she was punishing me for yesterday. I was waiting for her at the Curtis house, yet she still wasn't home. Suddenly, the front door opened, Sodapop came inside with Nancy. He looked at me confused, "Steve? What ya doing here buddy?" "Well, Steph and I had plans for today...but she decided to hangout with Kylee instead," "What? That can't be! Steph misses you and if she made plans with you, I find it hard to believe that she would just change them." Nancy spoke up, "I'm so sorry Steve, you don't deserve that." She touched my arm sympathetically, I immediately became uncomfortable, I softly pulled away and changed the subject, "So uhm, y'all got plans for tonight?" Sodapop sighed, "Nah, Nancy's gotta go to the country club. They got some sort of event," "Oh...nice." She smiled, "Soda, wanna come with?" "No thanks babe, country clubs are definitely not my thing." She looked at me, "Steve, you wanna go?" I quickly spoke, "Uhh! I can't! My dad needs me home, I will see ya."

{stephanie}

7:30 pm

I knew that if I went home, Steve would be waiting for me and wanting answers as to why I completely avoided our plans today. So, I went to Kylee's and me and her got ready for this country club event...that we were not excited for.

We met Cherry near the entrance, she quietly spoke, "Keep distance! But not too much, got it?" "Yes, we got." She went inside and after a couple seconds or so, Kylee and I followed. Fancy people surrounded the place, making me feel out of sorts. Kylee and I found a table not too far from where Cherry was sitting, and it was the perfect amount of distance. Finally, Nancy walked in and immediately spotted Cherry.

{cherry}

7:35 pm

Nancy walked up to my table, "Hey! I'm so glad you decided to come," "Well of course! I made a promise." She sat down, "So, did you bring anyone with you?" "Uh no! Just my parents are here," she glumly sighed, "Well, the person I was gonna bring couldn't come," "Sodapop?" "Oh...yeah, Sodapop." I softly spoke, "You aren't talking about Sodapop...are you?." She looked around and then quietly spoke, "Are you a snitch?" "Honey please, snitches get stitches," "Okay then...I really wanted Steve to be my plus one," "Steve Randle?" "Yeah...that's bad isn't it?" "No!! Of course not, I just...I thought he had a girl friend," "Oh please! He's not gonna last much longer with Steph, I made sure of that," "Oh? What do you mean-." We were interrupted when a teenage boy sauntered over to our table, "Nancy-," "Bryce!! Don't interrupt, go away please!" "But Nancy, mom and dad said-," "Go away!!." I made eye contact with him before he walked away, I looked at Cherry astonished, "Who was that?!" "My stupid twin brother, he's such a pest! Anyways-," "What's his name?" "Bryce, as I was saying-," "Could you please excuse me? I need to use the restroom." I stood up and followed after him, Stephanie and Kylee caught up to me without alerting Nancy. Kylee glared, "What the hell are you doing?!?" "Did you see that guy? He was hot!" "Okay? But what about the mission-," "Don't you worry, the mission is going swimmingly. Now go sit back down before she sees you." Kylee and Steph walked away, giving me time to catch up to that boy. I caught up to him and softly spoke, "Hey," "Are you coming to yell at me too?" "Of course not, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Sherri Valance, but my friends call me Cherry," "I'm Bryce, if you can believe it...I'm Nancy's twin brother," "I honestly couldn't believe it, y'all look nothing alike," "That's what I like about being fraternal twins." I shared a laugh with him as I realized how extremely handsome he really was, I sighed, "I should probably get back to your sister, we're getting to know one another," "Oh...well, maybe if your not busy sometime, we could get to know one another," "I'd love to."

8:00 pm

I was back at the table with Nancy, she sighed, "I'm sorry about my brother, he's obnoxious," "I really don't mind, I think he's a nice guy," "Ew! No. Anyways as I was saying, I plan on making sure Stephanie and Steve don't last..if it's the last thing I do," "Oh, what ya have in mind?" "Well, I already fooled with one of their days planned together, apparently they were supposed to hang today as well...but she ditched him," "Oh, that's too bad," "Right? Steve is such a hottie, and she literally ignores him," "So, what are you gonna do to break them up?" "I'm not sure yet, but I have to hurry. She leaves soon," "Right, right," "You know...if you want, maybe you could help me," "Help you break up Steve and Steph?" "Yes! We can break up their relationship, and then I can break up with her brother and be with Steve," "Alright, how about we hangout tomorrow and come up with some ideas," "That sounds perfect!!."

{stephanie}

8:45 pm

I quietly opened the front door to my house, I went for the stairs but immediately the living room light flicked on. Darry was sitting in his chair, "And where have you been?" "Doesn't matter, goodnight!" "Stephanie Judith, you promised me that you were gonna spend some time with us," "I know! And I will, I'm not leaving just yet Darry," "You need to spend as much time with them as you can, I mean...you aren't coming back for Christmas and you need to tell them," "I will, just not yet. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired." I walked up the stairs and to my room, I was stunned to say the least when I found Steve sitting on my bed in my room. He sadly spoke, "So, where ya been?" "Steve?!? What are you doing here?" "Waiting for you, I don't understand you Steph. You got mad at me when I couldn't hangout yesterday, so I took today off and you ditched me," "I didn't ditch you Steve, I had to take care of some things," "With Cherry?" "Does it matter?" "Actually yes! You were with Cherry Valance, you hate her," "Hate is a strong word Steve, I don't hate her," "Bullshit." I rolled my eyes and went over to my vanity, to take my earrings off. He stood up and ran his hands through his hair, "I just don't get you Stephanie," "What is there to get Steve?" "Why did you ditch me today?" "It wasn't like that, okay?" "Then what was it like?" "I know you think that just because I'm home I have to spend everyone minute of my time with you, but that's not how it works." He angrily scoffed, "Your literally a hypocrite! When you got back here you acted like everyone second of every single day we were going to be together," "That's not true!," "It is though, I just don't get it...what were you doing all day?" "Just..catching up with people, just because I moved to California doesn't mean my life here in Tulsa is over," "I never said it was!." Suddenly, my bedroom door slammed opened. Sodapop looked at the both of us irritated, "Y'all need to take it down a notch, please and thank you." He slammed the door shut, Steve angrily sighed, "Whatever, I'm leaving," "Steve, wait." I grabbed his arm and looked at him sincerely, "I'm sorry that I messed up our plans today, I didn't mean to. I just...had a lot of stuff to catch up on. But I promise we will spend a whole day together, just us, before I leave," "Promise?" "Yes, I promise."
__________________________________
~k