(2) You drew stars around my scars.

24 January, 2024 |present

Woojin rested his head on his desk, blinking his damp eyes. He's found himself to be a really sorted out adult but sometimes those memories come back and it's not pleasant. He doesn't like to talk or even think about those events of his life in detail, after years of pain, poverty and self taught lessons, he has moved on. Just sometimes, when he witnesses the same thing happening to others, he wishes he could change something. So that some other kid wouldn't have to go trough such a heartbreak.

"Are you okay?"

Eunjae's voice startles him out of his wondering mind, he rises his head to see her standing beside him, a mild worried look on her face. He smiles, despite not feeling too well, because he's found out its impossible to not to set his mouth in a grin when she's around, because she makes it so easy to be happy.

"Yeah, im fine. Just got lost in my head a little." She nods, doesn't looks convinced though. "Had your lunch?"
He murmurs, pulling her close by her waist.

"No, i was waiting for you. Than dong-hwa told me about the child patient, so I thought I'd check up on you."

"Let's get you lunch now, you didn't have anything this morning." He gets up from the desk-chair. Peaking her temple and leading her out.
"Kay' im starving anyway. You know the coffee wending machine broke this morning? I didn't even get to have a coffee!"

---

"Okay but did you hear about the new transfer coming today? Nurse oh was so ecstatic when talking about her. A little birdie told me that she's Dr kang's long-time girlfriend."

Eunjae widens her eyes as she catches on the whisper-gossiping going on beside her table. She turns around her chair so loudly it makes a screeching noise, on the opposite chair, woojin cringes.

"Dr kang has a girlfriend?" She questions a little loudly, the sound almost going out of cafeteria. woojin cringes again.

"Oh, hi Dr cha. Yes he does, my sources are very strong. A little unexpected, right? I've also heard that they call her 'doldam's crazy whale'." Nurse joo blurts out excitedly.

"...that's cool, I guess." Eunjae takes back her original position. Holding her sandwich but not eating. Woojin nudges her hands until the sandwich is close to her mouth.

"Eat up. What's going on in your little head hmm?" Eunjae takes a bite off her sandwich and looks at him.
"Dr Kang has a girlfriend, can you believe it? Wow." She says with food in her mouth.

"Why you'd say it like it's something out of this world? Of course he has a girlfriend, have you seen him?"

An irritating look takes over her face.

"I don't know, im still salty about that one incident you know, i thought he'd be miserably single to behave like that." She whispers the last part lowly.
Woojin chuckles. They don't get to continue their conversion further because people are suddenly running towards the main door.

It's the feeling of déjà vu that hits them, the scene in front of them was same as the day Dr Kang returned here. 

---

Eunjae puts her hand on the kitchen island, finally relaxing her muscles after a long tiring day. She feels hands come out to hold her waist from behind, smiling she holds those hands in hers, knowing who it is.

"You should talk to your parents."

She frowns, where did that come from? She hasn't talked to her parents since her dad when back and truthfully she doesn't plan to talk to them in near future. Then why is woojin suddenly talking about them? He's been awfully quiet this whole day as well. She knew she shouldn't have believed him when he said he's okay, he's clearly not.

She turns around in his arms. Now facing him, locking her arms around his neck.

"Why? What's up with you today?"

He brings her closer, hesitating to answer.

"It's just that... You know i was a kid, I couldn't really do anything back then. But, you are an adult eunjae. I don't want you to take decisions and then regret them later because it was too late. Im not saying you should just crawl back to them when you don't want to, of course not. Just, talk to them please."

Oh, all clicks in place now. Sometimes when you go trough a traumatic event, it follows you for the rest of your life. Eunjae nods, trying to be understanding.

"I guess, I should. I don't want to say I really want to talk to them because I don't. There were years when i wanted to talk to them and they weren't there and now I just don't crave their validation anymore....but the thought of losing them still scares me. You're right, we should try making out as much as memories in the time we have so we don't regret not doing things later on. No promises that I wouldn't get mad if Eomma says something outrageous, though."

Woojin smiles, kissing her forehead. He's been there when she was desperately craving for her parent's validation, he's also been there when she was getting out of that personality trait and he's here right now, when she doesn't really about what they think. He's really proud of the person she's become and maybe, her parents could become better too, with a little guidance.

"Im sure it would be fine. I'll be there with you for emotional support, okay?"

"Okay."

They stand there, in each other's arms for a few minutes. Just basking in their lover's presence.

"Let's go to bed-" Eunjae cuts herself off as she feels his lips leaving feather kisses just bellow her ear. "oh"

He leaves kisses on the side of her jaw, only stopping when his lips are on the corner of her mouth. He pauses for a minute, looking straight into her eyes as their breathes mingle so close.

One of her hands tangles itself in his messy heirs while the other clutches the fabric of his t-shirt tightly, pressing her lips into his.

He takes her bottom lip between his lips, giving it soft sucks that has a soft moan slipping out from the back of her throat. He then clamps his teeth around it softly, the action has her tugging on his heir, making him let out a groan.

They stop for a second, breathing heavily due to the lack of oxygen. He pushes her onto the kitchen island, making her sit on it and parting her legs to stand between them.

His hands come around her waist again, this time holding more tightly and she warps her legs around him as they start kissing again; this time more aggressively.

-----

Thank you so much for 100+ reads

Thank you so much for 100+ reads. <3
I hope this was good. [Not proof read.]
See you next time! 💌