(3) Everything goes.

[ A Week Later ]

The silence was so loud that if a spoon fell, it would result in an clear echo. It was an awkward dinner night, having Mr & Mrs Cha sit right across from Woojin & Eunjae was not as comfortable as one would think. Mr cha was still very normal and trying to be easy going but the problem was Mrs cha, who hasn't said any words since she arrived.

The last time eunjae and her parents parted ways, it wasn't a happy atmosphere. woojin had a little hope that today's dinner would go smooth but the moment eunjae mentioned about their marriage plans, the word peace was thrown out of the window.

So here we are, eunjae keeps taking bites after bites of her gimbap, trying not spit anything out of anger at her mother who's subtly glaring holes in woojin's head. It's not like woojin hasn't tried to dissolve the tension, his ways didn't work.

---

After dinner, eunjae thought she should talk to her mother. She made woojin and her father go out for a walk, both of them agreeing with no complains.

"What is wrong with you?"

The words are sharp as they come out from eunjae's mouth, she threw away whatever filter was left in her mouth today.

"What do you mean by that?" Her mother gives her the classic mom-glare as she spoke.

"What i mean by that?" Sigh.

"Eomma, you've been acting rude to woojin since you met him. We would've had this convocation in that restaurant itself that day if it wasn't for woojin. You've always been strict but you've never been so bitter, eomma. What happened?"

Her mother rises an eyebrow in offence. "I wasn't being bitter, I was just pointing out the truth, eunjae. Why can't you see? As your mother, im doing this for your happiness."

Eunjae lets out another sigh, this time it's more fustrated then anything.

"Sure, throwing the fact that woojin is an orphan right on his face is very motherly of you, eomma." Eunjae's tone is sharper then before now.

"And I said nothing wrong. That boy doesn't have a family eunjae, how do you expect him to take care of you when he was never loved in his life?"

"Eomma!!!" Eunjae straight up shouts.

"Listen to me-"

"No. Not a word against my fiancé anymore. If anything you should be saying that you're sorry to woojin. I know you're probably not but maybe just try to be a good person one time? Or tell me what has happened to you? I think you weren't like this when I was a kid, so what happened now? Or I misjudged you as a kid and you were always like this?"

Her mom stares at her for a long time, then a tear slips from her eyes.

"Guess you've changed too, eunjae, you have changed too! Your father also changed too! You all people changed and you're here blaming me?"

The shouted words echoed in the space.

"What does that mean?" Eunjae worries now. Had she gone too far?

Her mother is full on crying now.

"You, your father, everyone changed, eunjae, so why i am the only one who's getting blamed for it? You, you used to be such an obedient kid, you used listen to me and now? Now you're always doing things that hurt me! Your father, he used to be such a nice husband... But then suddenly he just faded away like nothing. He doesn't even talk to me sometimes you know? Everything is just about hospital now and I have to deal with the weight of this falling relationship, you and the society. And yet you're blaming me!!"

Eunjae takes a step back. And everything is clicking onto it's place now. All this time, her mother was just projecting by interfering in her relationship, it was quit obvious too, how could she not notice?

That was a lot to take in, you could say she was speechless. Not knowing how to deal with the matter, for now, she just calmed down her mother without any further conversion.

---

Later in the dark of late night, when eunjae is in her lovers arm, she couldn't sleep when the words of her mother keep swirling around her head.

When she was little, her father was her idol, educated, well spoken, amazing surgeon and a very good dad & husband whenever he was home; but now as an adult she has come to the realization that he is not the same person, nor is her mother. Why didn't she think that their relationship could've changed too? No wonder.

Her father, who she has witnessed being a very arrogant person just a few months ago, her mother who has become a very controlling & rude person now, it's obvious that they're both trapped in a non-compatible relationship, their individual personality is of no help.

They both not only have been suffocating each other but also her, her relationship and also Woojin.

Maybe it's time they both free each and seek healing.

-----

Since I watched the show, I always thought that Eunjae's mom was projecting very hard, so here's a piece on that!Ik this chapter was only about drama, im sorry, see you in next chapter with lotta romance!! <3

Ik this chapter was only about drama, im sorry, see you in next chapter with lotta romance!! <3.
(Not proofread!)