27

~Chapter 27~

At the entrance to Purgatory, a tangle of roots supports hundreds of God-Killing Flowers. They're all pink, little, and delicate. The soft and charming atmosphere is emitted by the mysterious and coquettish pink flowers. 

"A Jin, is that the God-Killing Flower that Dragon Lord mentioned? It's really lovely. They're not frightening at all," A Yin whispered as she waved her tiny wings and pointed to the God-Killing Flower. 

The God-Killing Flowers abruptly turned toward the two of them as if they heard her words before she could finish speaking. Their entire bodies turned black, and the flower's dark center was engulfed in its massive stamens. The flowers instantly grew to a height of ten feet. The cold, terrifying fangs that open and close like wild beasts. 

A Yin looked at the God-killing Flower that transformed in one second with dumbfounded eyes. She drew her neck back and did not dare to make a sound. 

The God-Killing Flower raised its stamens and probed around the two of them. When they didn't smell any breath, they retracted their tentacles in confusion. 

"Don't be afraid, it can't see us." Gu Jin touched A Yin's head comfortingly.

"A Jin, there is blood mist in purgatory, can we find the sycamore tree?" Seeing the horror of the God-killing Flower, A Yin's heart was filled with fear and eyes filled with worry. 

"Don't worry." Gu Jin took out the Fire Phoenix Jade from his arms, "The Fire Phoenix Jade contains Feng Yin's soul, and it will lead us to the sycamore tree." 

The faint soul breath of Feng Yin in the Fire Phoenix Jade exudes a faint red light, and the soul breath pulls the Fire Phoenix Jade to float into the air and fly slowly towards the east. 

"Let's go." Gu Jin and A Yin followed Fire Phoenix Jade and walked towards the depths of purgatory. 

The golden sycamore tree became slightly visible in the blood mist after thirty minutes, and the closer it got to the sycamore tree, the more the Fire Phoenix Jade shook and the brighter the jade's soul light became. 

"Feng Yin's soul is here." Gu Jin looked towards the sycamore tree not far away and couldn't help but rejoice. 

A Yin's eyes curved as she spoke nonstop, her happiness for Gu Jin evident. This was the first time the two had seen Feng Yin's remnant soul since they came out from the Da Ze Mountain. 

Ten meters outside the tree, the gloomy and frigid blood mist was blocked by the gentle and conventional golden divine power circling the sycamore tree. As they entered the golden light, the phoenix tree's heavenly power brushed against the two of them. Both of them exhaled a breath of relief as they began to feel much more at ease. 

Chanting an immortal formula to propel the Fire Phoenix Jade to locate Feng Yin's soul, Gu Jin flew to the sky. A faint red glow echoes with jade in the center of the sycamore tree beneath the reflection of the Fire Phoenix Jade. After thirty-five minutes, the Fire Phoenix Jade began to glow brightly, and the faint red light within the tree transformed into an ill-defined human form before taking flight and eventually returning with the jade. Once again silent, the Fire Phoenix Jade dropped into Gu Jin's reach. 

Gu Jin and A Yin looked up and saw a soul mark in the jade. 

Gu Jin sighed deeply in relief, "There is indeed one of Feng Yin's souls in this sycamore tree." "Master, he guessed it right. Feng Yin's soul is indeed scattered in the sycamore trees in the Three Realms. A Yin, You wait aside, I will take the heart of the sycamore tree for San Huo and then we will leave."