Chapter 2 | Tinted windows

"I'm not kidding guys! You're dead if he ever lays eyes on you, and I mean dead!", Fiona talked about the way they smacked up that bouncer as Ash sat down with a smoke hanging from his hand.

"I almost peed myself when you hit him, well I did a little.", V mentioned as they shared a laugh and the kids came downstairs.

"Yo.", He dapped Lip up.

"Hey.", Lip sat next to him.

"How many of you guys live here?", Steve confusedly tried to get a look at all of them, that proved to be quite a hard task however.

"Not me, I'm one down. But the old guy next door died in march, so we're practically next door neighbors!", V explained their living situation.

"So you're a nurse, Veronica?", Steve stirred the conversation in a different direction.

"Used to be."

"Liar!", Fiona called her out.

"She worked housekeeping at Cook County. Bed pans and shit sheets.", Lip elaborated.

"Fine, BUT I was offered a place in a nursing school!", She tried to wiggle her way out.

"Fine, BUT it never happened. They fired her for selling medical supplies on eBay!", Ash shut down her argument.

"Will you shut up? We don't even know him!", V acknowledged.

"Uh... Steve", He dapped Carl up.

"Carl."

"Lip."

"Debbie.", Fiona had to introduce her because she was too distracted.

Ash took one last smoke before pressing it into an ashtray, which was placed on the table in front of him.

"Nice watch.", Debbie mentioned.

"Thanks. Panerai.", Steve gestured towards the watch, taking a look at it.

"What did that set you back about? Six bills?", Debbie was quick with numbers.

"Plus Ian.", Fi gestured towards Ian as he came downstairs, taking a seat on the steps, his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, Debbie, why do they call him Lip?", Steve quizzed while Ash opened a beer.

"His real name's Phillip.", Ash explained. Pressing his back against the couch and resting his elbows on it.

"Hey, Veronica! Where are my keys?", Kev entered the scene.

"What's going on here?", He confusedly looked at Veronica, catching the shirtless guy on our living room floor.

"This is Steve. He and Ash decked the bouncer at Puragatory to defend my honor.", She proudly said.

"My honor.", Fiona corrected her with a smile.

"Yeah? Which bouncer?", Kevin milked info out.

"Jimmy Clifton.", Ash answered.

"Jim- Well, Jesus, man! Put it there, respect!", He dapped Ash and Steve up as he sat on a nearby armchair.

"Yeah, you'll be his third conviction. Third or fourth. Fourth, yeah. No more fuck-ups like leaving his dad breathing.", Kevin tried to scare them.

"His dad?", Steve was taken aback.

"I don't think he remembers who hit him. Dude's probably got fuckin' brain damage by now.",  Ash bragged about their stunt. Kev chose to believe him, because Ash had experience in that field.

"Ok, time for bed. Up the wooden hill!", Fiona gestured them upstairs while Ash took a swig of his drink.

<~|~>

"I'll be back soon.", Ash closes the door behind him as the cold wind blows his jacket back and he grabs his skateboard, pushing towards a nearby bridge.

"Couldn't have picked a better time...", Ash complains as a fully black tinted window rolls down. A hand extends out from the car and hands him a note.

"Be done in 15 minutes.", He says as he walks back towards the address on the note.

He rethinks as his hair is blown back by the breeze. No going back now.

He opens the basement door to hear sounds of graffiti spraying on the walls and the clanking of gas masks as a "co-worker" of his turns to him.

"Gallagher...", He looks at him weirdly.

"Boss' orders.", He shrugs as he swings at him.

A punch lands on his opponent's jaw and he grips the cracks in the wall, tearing out left over gravel, blinding Ash.

He runs at him at full speed and his arms wrap around his stomach as he slams Ash into the wall. He loses breath, but manages to grab his leg and pull it up, causing him to fall backwards and crack his head on the ground.

He pushes his leg to his head breaking it completely.

His opponent cries in pain as Ash leaves the basement.

A/N:

Just wanted to get a quick chapter out.
This one was a little bit different. Hope you liked it :-)

I can't stress how thankful I am for all the support, I love you all! <3