1

Ma'am I have put the boxes in the hall . Any other help you need ?" The movers and packers guy, beads of sweat in his forehead, gazes at Jemmy waiting for further instruction .

"No" She says in a low voice , the mover nods understandingly, flashing a friendly smile, and proceeds to climb into his truck, initiating the engine. "Thank you," she says, a hurried expression of gratitude escaping her lips to departing truck .

The mover acknowledges with another nod, his smile lingering as the truck merges into the flow of traffic and disappears around the corner. 'Again me by myself' she thinks , the new house echoes with the emptiness of unfamiliarity, and the task of turning it into a home suddenly feels daunting.

Jemmy turns facing the door, the creaking door announcing her arrival into the quaint cottage , she go inside a brisk smell of burning wood hit her nose . She starts to look around it was a small cottage but well built her eyes scanned the hall two couch near fire place , a small table. The hall seamlessly led into a compact kitchen , the set up of kitchen was simple.

A hall , a kitchen and a single bedroom perfect for one person she thought to herself. In her room the windows allowing glimpses of the dense forest beyond . The proximity to the nearby forests, while enchanting, comes with a downside 'insects' Jemmy huffs.

After settling her belonging down , Jemmy takes a moment to pause. She finds herself sitting on the bed, surrounded by the foreign environment. Her gaze falls upon a photo frame, holding a captured moment of her with her family ,a snapshot frozen in time.

"That was not your mistake" she murmurs, the weight of unspoken emotions hanging in the air. Her hand instinctively tightens its grip on the bed sheets, as if seeking a tangible anchor in the sea of memories that flood her mind, a bittersweet memory .

'it's all your fault' the sound of her mother's voice echoes which made Jemmy trembles 'why you are like this' her mother's cries 'I wish you were the dead one' her mother's screams. All voices going in her head all together .

She closes her eyes taking deep breaths trying to calm down and not think about that "It's okay , it's okay" she repeats . With each breath, she strives to distance herself from the weight of regret and remorse .

Her thoughts are interrupted by the chime doorbell , she paused , her thoughts momentarily derailed with a exhale she pushed herself up from the bed , when she come out of her room .

Reaching the entrance ,she swung it open, revealing the empty expanse of her doorstep, save for a single piece of mail lying on the floor.

 Puzzled, she knelt down, slender fingers reaching out to grasp the envelope. The paper felt cool and crisp against her skin as she flipped it over, it was an acceptance letter from Enigma University . 'Wow' that was her first thought .Jemmy breaks the trance and starts preparing for tomorrow her first day of school.

A/N - Hey so tell me did you feel the emotion or it was fast ?

You can also suggest me ideas if you want to .