prologue

I'm just a country girl that loves to sing. I'm just a loner or as I call myself, a singing introvert. I don't talk to anyone but my boyfriend; Jakob, my aunt; Lindsay, my mother; Elizabeth, and my grandmother, Nancy or as we call her; Nan.

I truly do not play about my family. More-so my grandmother. There isn't anything in the world I wouldn't do for her. My grandmother, Nan is like a best friend to me or as we like to call it; BGF (Best Grands Forever). We don't really know where that came from but we stuck to it.

I really only talk to Nan since my mother dislikes the fact that I want to move to New York which is 14 hours away from my family. My aunt is very blunt with what she says and said some very harsh things when I moved away. I took those words seriously and left.

But before I actually left, something happened to Nan. She left me with no explanation, no remorse and no goodbye.

My heart ached for days, weeks and even months but over time, I found solace in the melodies of my guitar and the lyrics that poured from my heart. With each song I sang, I honored Nan's memory and found healing in the power of music.

And then we have my very arrogant boyfriend, Jakob also known as Jake. People say I'm just naive and blinded by his atrocious behavior. He seeks the need for attention and obviously money. He's always money hungry and Lindsay tried to tell me that but I just don't wanna listen. Like I said, I'm naive.

Now, I'm on my way to the hospital to see Nan. Let's pray she's okay.