Chapter 2 - Conflict

Gaster stared at the child with the same crooked grin as previously.
The child wiped the blood dripping from their chin as they quickly began running towards Gaster, and right as they got up close, they began swiping multiple times. The scientist scoffed, and with each swipe, he'd take a step back, until eventually the human thrusted their knife forward.

Gaster would quickly side step, a thick blunt bone shooting up from the ground right into the child's leg, snapping it back in place. The child let out a yelp of pain as they fell to the ground, holding their knee as tears streamed from their eyes.
Gaster would be standing above them, hands placed behind his back as he was slightly leaned forward.

"Forgive me, did that hurt?"

He said mockingly, obviously showing he had no sympathy for this child.

"You humans, always violent as ever."

He suddenly kicked the child in their stomach, sending them tumbling forwards into the snow. They held their stomach in pain, small squirts of blood dripping from their mouth, landing and staining the snow.

"You have all the power in the world, and what do you use it for?"

Gaster slowly walked over towards them, placing his foot on their wounded knee, before pressing down on it with force.

"For violence."

The child let out a scream of pain, met with gasps as they choked on their own blood slightly.

"And yes, my methods might be a bit unorthodox. But it's what you deserve."

Once more, a bone would shoot up from the ground, but this time it was sharp, as it pierced the child's other leg, now through their tibia, as they let out another scream that lasted for around 5 seconds, followed up by panting and loud sobbing.
Gaster's expression quickly shifted to one of sadness. Though it quickly shifted to that of disdain, as he slowly walked towards the human once more.

"You come down here into our home, and expect mercy? You're kidding yourself."

The child tried muttering some words out, but couldn't find the strength to do so.

"Do you not think I see the stains of dust on your clothes? I know you have killed a few already. And so, who's to say you won't slaughter more?"

"P-please..."

"What was that?"

"Please... Stop..."

Gaster would place a hand on his chin, walking over to the child and crouching down next to their head.

"Do not forget, you forced my hand."

"I d-did... B-but I realize i-i c-cant beat... You..."

The child managed to mutter out. Gaster only responded with a scoff.

"Just like the rest. You come and take until you realize that you cannot win. And then we're the villains that 'mercilessly' slaughter your kind. Give me a break!"

He then blue souled the human into the air, only to slam them back down into the ground, into a pit of spiky bones. The child couldn't react in any way, and let out a final weak breath.

Gaster sighed, wiping his hands before turning around, resuming his walk towards his house.

"Unbelievable..."

But just in that moment, he heard something. The sound of something cracking and breaking. He quickly turned around, his sockets widening as he witnessed the soul of the human—which was cyan—, breaking apart, before shattering into hundreds of pieces. He adjusted his glasses before walking over to the corpse, the shattered shards still lying on the ground. Though they had lost their color, and were now a pale gray shade. He crouched down to grab a shard, but the moment he attempted to grab it it burnt his hand, and he quickly let go of it, placing his finger in his mouth.

"What is this?"

Soon enough, the shards began fading away into dust, until they were all gone. But unlike the body of a monster, the humans' body remained.

"Interesting..."

Was all Gaster said. He quickly grabbed the body of the human and began making his way towards his lab in Hotland.

He eventually made it there, and locked all the doors to the lab, as to make sure no one would see the corpse. He entered an elevator that brought him down into a dark lab. He'd flick a switch and fall the lights would turn on. He made his way through the various halls, eventually reaching a small room filled with computers and a metal table, in which he slowly and carefully placed the human's body on.
Gaster quickly began examining the body, the blood, the damage he had done.
He spent all night examining everything he could.

Gaster found himself slowly waking up on a desk, as he lifted his head to look around.

"I must have fallen asleep."

He quickly sat upwards and stretched out, a few cracks being heard as he let out a sigh of relief. He'd spin around on his chair to see the human body still on the metal table. He then glanced over at a computer next to him, sliding over on his chair and cracking his knuckles.

"Perhaps it's time I begin a new 'document'."

He then began writing down his findings.

Entry Log No.1
I have encountered a human for the first time from the war.
They assaulted me, and attempted to murder me on sigh, though I managed to defend myself and successfully killed them. Though their soul sadly shattered after their death.

I have made a few interesting discoveries though.

Humans can bleed. Quite obvious. Though it is quite fascinating that their body does not dissolve into dust, such as ours does.

Another interesting fact is that their soul works such as a "boss monsters" soul, still presuming after death before inevitably shattering.

I'll be doing more research on this... Interesting discovery.

End of Log No.1