Chapter 4 - Need for more.

Gaster, now standing over Maisy, gave her a wide grin.

"Let us begin, then."

He would then grab the needle using two fingers, slowly sliding them upwards and towards the tip, a light magenta aura being slid across the needle. And without a second thought, he pierced Maisy in the chest with the needle, slowly pulling back the handle on the back of it. Maisy began gasping for air, not even being able to scream or cry at this point.

Suddenly, a green soul would begin shining above her body, showing to be slightly cracked. Gaster's eyes would widen, and his grin would shift into an expression of shock. He let go of the needle with his one hand, and attempted to grab the soul, only to find that it would burn his hand intensely. He kept grabbing onto it, soon enough letting go and grabbing his wrist, looking at his palm as he grunted. It had been severely burnt, his palm now a gray shade instead of its usual white.

He then grabbed the needle again, taking it out of Maisy's chest and piercing the soul with it, slowly drawing back the handle. And sure enough, the soul began draining, slowly losing its color and shifting to an empty shell. That is of course, until it suddenly began cracking.

"No, not yet!"

Gaster had barely drained any of the soul, only around 20% before it suddenly shattered. Maisy let out a last gasp of air before she went limp, mouth open and eyes now gray. Gaster groaned in frustration, looking at the needle and sighing. He covered up Maisy's body, and pushed it to the side on a cart.
Gaster sat down at his computer again, staring at the screen for a good moment.

"There's nothing to document... Yet, that is."

Gaster then gave his attention to the needle, walking over to it and holding it in his burnt hand. And so, he began experimenting with the soul power he had extracted.
He ran various tests, testing if it would burn different items and materials, testing if it itself could dissolve.

Soon enough, he began thinking of ways he could use it with technology. And he successfully did so... Or, soon enough he would.
He spent around a week simply testing and using the soul power for a multitude of different things, and then, he was ready to document once more.

Entry Log No.2
Interesting results have showcased themselves with this new human soul.
I've tested it in a multitude of different ways, and have come to a conclusion:

For "soul power" rendered useful, there must be more. I only managed to extract a small amount, and have rendered it close to useless with this little amount.

I managed to create a small pistol, ejecting it with the small amount of soul power I had obtained. As a result, it managed to create a small green shield in which, shortly after usage shattered into tiny pieces. This small amount of soul power isn't enough. I need more for better results.

Though what I find interesting is that, after using the pistol, and after the soul power had been used up, there was a tiny amount of red soul power in the syringe, though I haven't gotten to experimenting with that yet.

End of entry log no.2

"... I need more."

He said quietly, staring at his screen before shutting off the PC, walking out of his lab and towards the elevator once more.
As Gaster exited the lab, thoughts would still be rushing through his head. He didn't know if they were of regret, or of satisfaction. He shook his head and grunted, making his way towards Asgore's home, knocking on the door and waiting for an answer.