Chapter - 03

"I hope you are aware of your actions," said Aiden giving a death glare. "good luck", crowd," let's leave," young master seems so petrifying today," yeah," he is definitely not in a good mood," let's go," crowd shatters, As Aiden," ugh," these people are really getting on my nerves," roll's eyes," I hate humans," no wait," I don't hate them," I despise them

"From the earliest memories of my childhood, I revered my mother, Queen Iris, as a beacon of compassion in a world consumed by darkness. Her kindness towards humans sets her apart from the rest of our vampire society. In secret, she engaged in humanitarian efforts, quietly aiding humans to alleviate their suffering. I admired her empathy, and sympathy towards those humans, her belief in coexistence, and her willingness to challenge the accepted norms"

"As I grew older, the stark disparity between my mother's benevolence and the cruelty inflicted by vampires upon humans began to trouble me. While she sought harmony, the prevailing vampire culture reveled in the subjugation of humans, treating them as mere resources. The conflicting ideologies within our society left me torn and isolated, struggling to reconcile my mother's teachings with the harsh realities I witnessed"

"The turning point arrived when my mother, in a courageous attempt to broker peace, attended a summit advocating cooperation between humans and vampires. However, extremists among our kind perceived her actions as a betrayal, resulting in a tragic incident during the summit. I stood helpless as my beloved mother fell victim to the crossfire, a casualty of her pursuit of harmony"

"Her assassination shattered my world, leaving behind a void filled with grief and a wave of burning anger. I couldn't comprehend how the same vampires she sought to unite turned against her. My father, King Valerian, fueled by vengeance, blamed humanity for her death. In his wrath, he declared war against them, intensifying the already strained relations between vampires and humans"

"As the war escalated, my internal struggles deepened. I grappled with conflicting emotions - mourning my mother's loss, resenting the vampires who betrayed her, and harboring a growing disdain for humanity, whom my father blamed for her demise. The complex history of my family became the backdrop for the larger narrative, influencing the dynamics between our two worlds and setting the stage for potential redemption or irreversible conflict"