CHAPTER 8, girls' weeks

The Evans' residence was alive with the vibrant energy of summer. Blooms of colourful flowers adorned the garden, casting a sweet fragrance that wafted through the air. Jasmine was seated by the window needles in hand, fingers expertly moving over and diligently crocheting a vibrant sweater, her newest crochet project. The rhythmic click of the needles complemented the joyous laughter echoing from Lily's side of the room, where she was immersed in the pages of "Pride and Prejudice." Jasmine could not understand how her twin sister could laugh so hard by reading that classic book. Don't get confused, she loves reading, just not certain classics.

"What's so funny," the younger twin asked.

"Mr. Collins arrives at Longbourne to determine which of the Bennet sisters he shall marry. After Mr. Collins delivers a compliment, Mr. Bennet innocently says, 'It is happy for you that you possess the talent of flattering with delicacy. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are the result of previous study?'" Lily answered as she laughed, leaving her sister dumbstruck. "Oh, you'll get it once you read it."

Jasmine, being sure that she will never ever read that book, answered, "Yes, sure."

"Don't forget to tidy up your side of the room by noon the girls will be arriving then."

As the clock struck noon, there was a knock on the bedroom door, and the trio of friends burst in. Alice radiated enthusiasm, Marlene brought her signature flair. "Hey, roomies! Ready for two weeks of non-stop fun?" Alice exclaimed, throwing herself onto Lily's bed.

Marlene twirled her wand, and a mini firework display erupted. "Hot Blondie reporting for duty. Let the summer shenanigans commence!"

Alice smiled, taking a seat on the floor. "I brought some board games. Anyone up for a round of Wizard's Chess later?"

Jasmine looked up from her crocheting, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "As long as you're prepared to lose, sunshine. I'm the reigning champion in this room."

"Such a shame that Mary couldn't come," Marlene said as they all settled on the kitchen table.

"Yeah... I assumed you would be more bumped about your Slytheryn bff not being here though," Jasmine sassed.

"I am not mad that you guys didn't invite Dorcas, Lily is not very fond of her yet. Plus, I'm sure that we can hang out with her if we want to go to Diagon Alley or book a Quidditch field for an afternoon; we could invite Mary so we'll be even and have more fun.

Lily offered a kind smile, "Yeah, of course. Maybe the day after tomorrow, we can go to Alice's uncle's ice cream place and meet her there."

The blonde's smile widened, "Great! I will write both Mary and Dorcas and tell them to meet as at 'Frosty Fables'."

"Alright!"

That sunny afternoon, the girls gathered in the garden, where a makeshift picnic blanket sprawled under the shade of an ancient oak tree. Alice, the sweetheart of the group with an affinity for flowers, had adorned the space with bouquets of wildflowers, each carefully selected to represent the personality of her friends.

"Look, Lily, a lily for you, of course! For you, my favourite grumpy, a daisy for your quirky charm. Jas, a sunflower for your radiant spirit, and for me, well, just a bunch of sweet peas because they're my favourite," Alice exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"Hey! Hot grumpy, don't forget it!" the blond friend exclaimed.

Jasmine grinned, teasingly nudging Lily. "Hey, Wise Girl, not getting a flower named after you? Seems unfair!"

Lily rolled her eyes, accustomed to the gentle banter. "I'd rather be the one reading about flowers than having one named after me."

As the afternoon unfolded, the girls shared stories, laughed over shared Hogwarts memories, and indulged in an array of magical treats conjured by Alice. Muggle ice cream, chocolate frogs, and fizzing whizzbees added to the enchantment of the day.