𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ➯ 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❝i can't even stomach
                   loving someone else❞
➯ things i wish you said, sabrina carpenter

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

content warning: mentions of drug abuse and addiction. topics of abandonment as well.

ISLA FUENTES had never felt so vulnerable in her life. With her knees to her chest, she sat on the curb with a good bit of space between her and the Spaniard. The two of them were sat in silence for about five minutes now, neither of them knowing what to say.

After another moment of silence, the girl reached into her purse and grabbed her pack of cigarettes. Her hands shook slightly as she opened them, aware of the boy next to hers gaze.

"Seriously?"

"What?"

Carlos hesitated for a moment, wetting his slightly parted lips with his tongue. "You shouldn't smoke that."

"Are you fucking kidding me right now, Carlos?" Isla spat, glaring daggers at the man. "You're seriously going to give me life advice? Here? Now? You?"

"I just don't understand-"

"You said you wanted to talk-"

"You haven't said a thing either!"

"I didn't start this!"

"Well you're freaking me out!" The boy responded, fighting back the smile that tried to grace his lips. Isla had a shocked look on her face, sucking her lip back in between her teeth, biting her own smile back. "I'm sorry."

The brunette shook her head, biting harder on her lip. "Be specific."

"For everything?"

The girl shook her head. "That's not enough, Carlos."

He reached out to grab her hand but only sighed when she retreated from his touch. "I wish I could tell you everything. I would if I could..."

"You can. You just don't want to."

Carlos shook his head adamantly. "No, Isla, I swear. I want you to know everything, but I can't. Please believe me."

Her eyes shimmered in the moonlight, to the point that Carlos couldn't tell if it was the Las Vegas lights or tears. "I believe you."

The two of them sat on the curb, the light of the cigarette pulling their attention away from each other. "Why did you start smoking again?"

Guilt punched her in the gut. "It was either this or..."

"Don't you remember how hard it was for you to quit the first time?"

"Yes, but-"

"What did Cade say?"

Isla swallowed harshly, pulling the cigarette up to her lips. "Cade doesn't know." The Spaniard shook his head, biting back a comment. "Don't judge me, Carlos, you don't know how delicate the situation is."

"I know enough, Isla," He replied, an underlying tone to his statement. "I remember everything about you. You're being a hypocrite."

"Just back off!" Isla snapped, the two of them grimacing at the loop they were constantly stuck in. "God, you've moved on. Just let me go."

The boy sighed, rising from the ground. As he turned to leave, he couldn't help himself. He shrugged off his suit jacket and draped it over the smaller girl's shoulders, leaning down and placing a deep kiss to the top of her head. "You need to talk to your family, Isles. I'm sorry we always end up like this, but I still love you."

The girl snapped her head up, reaching her hand out for him, but he slipped just past her fingers.

𓇢𓆸

APRIL 2020

NEW MESSAGE TO
sperm donor

ISLA
hey dad. it's isla. i know
that seb and lewis probably
already told you, but cade
is in the hospital. there was
an accident and drugs were
involved and he's pretty hurt,
but he's going to be okay.
i talk to carlos and he agrees
with me that cade should
go to rehab when he wakes.
we can't force him since i'm
not his legal guardian, but we
can try and convince him.
if you decided to commit him
he'd have to go. but i'm not sure
if you even care enough to
look up from your desk to notice
that he's suffering.

ISLA
sebastian and lewis are both
trying to fly in, but with
covid everything is taking
longer than they figured. i'm
sure you're off with some girl
at a romantic cabin since you
weren't there when i went to
get cades things and it looks
like you haven't been for a
while.

ISLA
i'm not going to tell you how
to be a father. i know that i
ruined your life and that mom
leaving was my fault too but
you're still cade's dad. he still
looks up to you. maybe now
you could actually try and be
his dad. idk
[READ 1:43 PM]

KYLIE SPEAKS!
a little background on our beautiful girl, and a cute lil islos moment for us all🫶
also yall gotta start appreciating my boy logan more he's just a sweet lil babe