Chapter Five

A football came soaring through the sky before being caught by a blue-haired giant. At 6'5 and built with hulking muscle, Jonathan Joestar easily snatched the ball and took off. The crowd went wild at this; the teams were tied with only a few more minutes left. It was the last and most important game of the season. Tensions were high as both teams gave their all.

Bright gray eyes tracked the game intently as pale fingers gripped the thick fabric of her skirt. From the crowd, Emilia Williams could be spotted standing on her tippy toes as she cheered intently.

One player attempted to tackle him, only managing to latch on as Jojo pushed forward, gripping the ball tightly. A second was quick to join, trying to bring the unbeatable giant down.

"Come on, Jojo!" Emilia's shout floated through the crowd of cheers. Another wave of excited screams flowed through as yet another player clung on. He finally began to waver, but thinking quickly, he passed the ball to an awaiting Dio Brando.

The tall blonde was nothing to scoff at, even compared to Jojo. Although slightly slimmer, he was just as tall and powerful. Dio caught the soaring ball with graceful ease, making the crowd go wild. Even Emilia's voice grew in pitch as she watched with shining eyes.

The blonde swiftly dodged each player that came his way with a sort of elegance only he could pull off. The crowd grew tense as they watched with bated breaths as the final moments played through. It was only a moment before cheers and whistles of celebration rang through. Dio scored!

"Congrats on the win! I know how hard the two of you worked," Emilia was among the first to congratulate the men as she weaved her way through the mass of people. Moving to stand between the two, she grinned up at them, pride shining through her features. A broad arm came to rest easily atop her shoulder as sharp teeth smirked down at her.

"Did you expect any less of us?" Dio responded cockily. Rolling her eyes up at him, the dirty blonde moved from his hold as she shook her head in sync with her brother, who was watching in amusement.

"Are you ever not full of yourself?" Emilia retorted as she stared up at him in mock disapproval.

"Of course not," Dio scoffed, watching as she only laughed in response.

"Come on, now. Let's break this up," Jojo grinned as he stepped between the two, jokingly holding his hands out.

"Alright, alright," the two of them conceded as more people crowded around them in celebration. Emilia stepped back and watched with a grin as they were thrown atop shoulders and cheered for. This was a well-needed distraction from the situation at home. It's been a bit since such a small thing made them all so happy.

|||

The faint orange glow from the fireplace flickered through the dim room. Harsh coughs disrupted the otherwise silent room. The smell that wafted through the small area was reminiscent of a hospital.

Jonathan, Dio, and Emila hovered at the end of Mr. Joestar's bed, waiting for his coughing fit to pass. They had just returned from the game and were eager to tell him the good news. Anything that would distract from the otherwise somber atmosphere. What had started as a slight cold only grew worse, and there were, unfortunately, no signs of him getting better. Even with the best doctors and medicine around, his symptoms only continued to worsen. There wasn't much to distract from their constant worries, at this point, and they could only hope for the best.

"How are you feeling?" Emilia is the first to ask, concern dripping from her voice. Mr. Joestar was the reason she decided to study medicine, and she was determined to use her knowledge to help the best she could.