Chapter One:

Chapter One:

The icy dew that laid lightly across the fresh green blades of grass as well as the early birds chirping their sweet song, made for a morning like any other. Jonathan and Emilia scarfed down their breakfasts quickly so that they could rush out to their spot out by the river. Every day the two adopted siblings had the same routine.

Twelve years had passed since the unfortunate accident that rendered Emilia without a family and Jonathan motherless. However, Mr. Joestar being the kind soul that he was, adopted the girl and treated her as his own. The three of them had gotten extremely lucky from the wreck. Jonathan and George left with a few small injuries that healed up with only minor scars set as their harsh reminder. However, Emilia hadn't gotten so lucky. Where the glass cut through to the bone of her right arm, she now had a long gnarly scar that she chose to cover with long sleeves. Other than that, she had gotten away from it mostly unscathed.

"This isn't fair, Jojo!" Emilia called out, bunching her many layers of cloth up so that she could run easier. After telling where Mr. Joestar where they were going, although he would've known anyway from how many times they had gone there, Jonathan darted off. Danny, their white and black spotted Great Dane, chased after him barking playfully. Emilia couldn't help but sometimes wonder what it would be like if she had been born a boy. They never had to take forever in the morning just to fit into the substantial amount of fabrics pieced together to make a bulky dress. The top half of her dresses always felt as though they were constricting her, squeezing all the breath from her lungs, while the bottom half just weighed down her thin frame.

Jonathan just laughed, looking behind him to watch her struggle. Finally, he decided to have mercy on her and slowed down until she caught up. The rest of their walk was peaceful as they reached their destination, with Danny circling happily around them.

Emilia rested against the rough bark of the tree, the wet grass was uncomfortable against her bottom, but the feeling had become familiar to her after a certain point. Jonathan sat down beside her, throwing sticks for Danny to fetch. Watching as the water rippled gently through the river, a wave of nostalgia hit Emilia. The memory was bittersweet for the girl. She faced what is now her worst fear, but she also made a best friend that day, one that stuck beside her and Jonathan ever since.

Jonathan and Emilia were only five at the time. It was a beautiful day out, although the sun beat down upon them; the gentle breeze that swept through the area made the weather quite enjoyable. The two siblings had always been the outdoorsy type. If they got forced to stick inside for the day, it was a horrible one.

The two were playing tag out by the river that was nearby their house. Screeches of pure joy and fun flew through the air around them as the other would try and avoid being tagged by the other. Rushing through the freshly cut green grass, neither of them realized that they were edging closer and closer to the open water. They were both too lost in their euphoria.

The rushing of water was getting closer and closer, and when Emilia attempted to dodge Jonathan, her foot slipped on the edge of the river. A scream ripped through her, piercing the open air. She tried to grip onto anything so that she wouldn't fall in. Unfortunately, she grasped ahold of Jonathan and tugged him in with her.

The scream that tore harshly from both of them as they felt gravity take hold got muffled by the water. Emilia could feel the water rushing into her open mouth. Coughs racked through her body as she began to drown. Emilia never got taught how to swim before, so all the girl could do was wildly flail her arms about as she sunk deeper and deeper into the water.

Her blond hair fanned around her as the last piece of her head sunk. Bubbles formed atop of the water where you could tell she was struggling to intake air. At that point, tears began to rush down her face; this was it. However, as that thought passed through her mind, a pair of teeth grasped tightly onto her dress. Danny drug her back onto the bank next to them and laid her next to Jonathan. Danny had saved them both.