3. Bound by Fate.

Y/N jolted awake to the sound of a disturbing noise, finding herself in her mother's room while Jack occupied the upstairs bedroom. Sensing an unsettling presence, she sprang into action, her instincts on high alert.

Grabbing three kitchen knives, she dashed towards the back door, where a concealed window provided a vantage point to survey the nearby street. Through the small aperture, she witnessed Prince Adrian and a cadre of ten alphas disembarking from their cars, their intentions veiled in ominous secrecy.

She rushed to her room, seizing the emergency bag stocked with weapons and essentials. Jack startled awake, but Y/N swiftly silenced him, urgency etched in her voice as she whispered, "Jack, we need to run away. Stay quiet." Understanding the gravity of the situation, he nodded in silent agreement.

Y/N, her heart racing, tightened her shoelaces and dashed to her mother's side. Waking her gently, she delivered the grim news, "Mumma, I'm sorry, but we have to leave. There's no other choice." With swift movements, she helped her mother into shoes and hurried to the hall, where Jack stood with another bag packed with necessities.

Taking her mother's hand in one and Jack's in the other, Y/N led them to the back door and into the fields beyond. Determined to protect them at any cost, she fled into the darkness, the weight of uncertainty heavy upon their shoulders.

As they fled deeper into the woods, Y/N's mother, panting with distress, voiced her concern, "Y/N, it's dangerous to venture deeper into the woods like this."

Y/N halted, her heart heavy with the weight of their predicament, and turned to her mother. With a determined gaze, she replied, "Mumma, this is our chance to escape. If they catch up to us, they'll stop at nothing to silence us. We have to keep moving."

With resolve in her eyes, Y/N urged her family forward, knowing that their only hope lay in outrunning the impending danger that loomed behind them.

As they pressed on through the dense foliage, Y/N's mother was taken aback to discover a small but sturdy shed nestled in the heart of the woods, illuminated by a solitary lamp. Sensing the urgency of their situation, Y/N urged her mother and Jack to rest momentarily while she kept watch, her bow and arrow at the ready.

With a sense of determination, Y/N made a call, ensuring their safety was secured. Returning to her family, she gestured towards Jack, her voice imbued with reassurance, "Jack, my friend is waiting at the bus stop for you. He'll take you to his place and help you settle down. You can trust him; he's the only person I trust for you."

With a mixture of relief and apprehension, Jack nodded in understanding, grateful for the lifeline extended by Y/N in their darkest hour.

As Y/N's mother tearfully expressed her apologies, Y/N enveloped her in a comforting embrace, reassuring her with tender words, "Mumma, please don't cry. There's nothing to be sorry for. I'll protect you no matter what."

With resolve etched into her features, Y/N's attention was drawn to her ringing phone, signaling the next phase of their escape plan. Taking her mother's hand in one and Jack's in the other, she dashed towards the bus stop, determination driving their every step.

From a distance, she spotted two alpha guards standing sentry, a formidable obstacle in their path.

With precise aim, Y/N swiftly drew her bow and let two arrows fly in unison, finding their mark in the necks of the alpha guards. As they crumpled to the ground, lifeless, Jack and Y/N's mother looked on in awe at the display of Y/N's skill and determination.