Chapter 1

This is it."

A grand celebration of me finally leaving the Steven's mansion disguised as a wedding.

A grand celebration of them being freed of the responsibility of having their weakest and most undesirable daughter off their hands.

A celebration of me being sold off.

The grip around my arm tightened the more, I am sure it would leave bruises in a few hours.

"I don't want any complaints, Annabel. Do your job as a woman and provide an heir for the Richardsons. Thats the only way you can guarantee your place as the 'Madame'. I trust that you will be able to do that? At least, thats what you were born to do. Reproduce and nothing else."

He leaned back, his fingers ghosting my right cheek. A sick but sweet smile laid on his lips.

"Take care, Annabel. Your mother and I would miss you terribly." He smiled although we both knew it was a lie, if anything, they would be ecstatic to be rid of me.

"Of course, say me well to mother if you may." I replied, gathering the length of my gown in my arms, managing a tiny smile on my face. Everyone had left after the party but I was still here while my husband? Waited outside the house

for me.

"Excuse me, father." I made my way out of the house, ignoring the loud squealing inside the mansion being made by the people who brought me to life.

"Let me help you with that ma'am." The blonde-haired man standing by the car said, smiling politely at me as he helped carry my bags into the car.

Thank you, I whispered, getting into the car at once.

I felt my breath hitch upon finally seeing my new husband.

Nathan Richardson is also known as the golden boy. Everyones heart rob, well he is mine. Never in my twenty-three years of living did it ever occur to me that my family would ever score me Nathan? Me? Nathan? At that time it seemed like a very impossible dream but right now, it wasnt. Nathan was here in the flesh and is my husband.

Nathan is someone I wouldve thought my elder sister would snag in an instant, considering he is exactly her type. No matter how close our families were, which wasnt much by the way. Nathans father and my father were involved in a business deal which actually lead to our marriage. Yes, it only a business deal.

Ive met Nathan exactly three times but I developed this crush on him in those three times. Yeah, he might not know me, after all I was always the scrawny, hideous and weird kid. While Nathan socialized at every function I met him, Ive always stayed in a corner, silently watching him and everyone. Imagine my surprise when my father barged into my room one day and announces my engagement to the same Nathan.

Nathan who Ive been crushing on. Nathan who I was contented watching from afar being the famous and successful person he was born to be. Nathan who I knew I had no chance to even speak to.

Im sorry I kept you waiting. My father had somethings to tell me and so he- I didnt get to complete my words as he raised his hand, silencing every word that wouldve left my lips.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, folding my hands on my thighs and looked out the window. From one bondage to another, doesnt seem like youd ever be free in this lifetime, Annabel.

Nathan who doesnt care

I sighed, deciding to keep quiet all the same. Today has been a long day already and Id rather not piss him or myself further.

Few minutes later we arrived at his house. I tried not to openly gape at how magnificent the place looked. Yes, I might have grown up in considerable wealth but the Richardsons have always been more wealthier than my family and this is a proof.