Chapter 11

⤞❅⤞❅⤝❅⤝

Chapter 11

⤞❅⤞❅⤝❅⤝

Taking a deep breath in as Grace sits at her desk, acting as normal as possible she glances at the clock to see the minutes pass closer and closer to the end of the work day. Okay. We can do this. She thinks, finally adjusting herself to look over at Regulus.

"Ready?" She whispers softly. Nodding his head, Regulus' gut sinks at the idea of this plan. We should just bring him in for questioning. This is too risky if he is the killer.

"I just don't see why they should consider him." Regulus starts off the opening line of their pre-planned dispute.

Keeping her voice quiet enough to not cause a scene, but loud enough that it could draw Eriks ears, she forces a frown. "How could you say that?"

"He's a monster."

"He's my brother." She snaps, not needing much acting skill to be offended at the comment she's heard many times before. "How dare you even say that."

"Oh come on, Grace." Regulus scoffs, standing from his chair. "Would you really want your future kids to have a beast as a professor? Use your logic."

"Oh I am." She scoffs, standing up to meet his eyes. "I think you're done for the day."

"Are you seriously trying to dismiss me?"

"I am dismissing you, Black. Now go." Shaking his head in a strong performance of appearing to be genuinely pissed off, Regulus apparates out of the office leaving Grace to continue the scene alone. Letting out a long drawn out sigh, she tries to mimic what her normal behavior is when she becomes frustrated. Taking her seat once again she closes her eyes and lets her head fall in her palm as she takes in a few breaths. Just a few minutes like this and then I'll go over to him.

"Grace?" The voice catches her off guard as she jerks her head up to see Erik Brooks looking down at her after only a few seconds pass. "Is everything okay?"

"Um-" She hesitates, shocked he approached her first. "Yeah-yeah... Just some personal problems... I doubt you want to hear them, Erik."

"Maye I can help?" He offers, his brown eyes showing no hint of ill intent behind them.

Offering a kind smile of her own, she nods. "Ravenclaw Loyalty at work again, huh?" She sees the look of surprise cross his face before a blush appears.

"I'm shocked you remember that... I didn't think you really remembered me from school."

Shrugging her shoulders, she keeps her voice light. "I mean, it's not like we hung out, but I remember you well enough. OH!" She acts as if she has an idea. "How about we grab a drink after work? I sure as hell could use one and it'd be nice to catch up with you."

"A-a drink? With me?" He whispers out loud before bringing his attention back to her. "Oh, um yes, I-I'd love that."

"Any suggestions where?" She smiles again, feeling in her gut he isn't the killer. A little awkward and sure he might have a small crush on me, but he couldn't have killed nearly two dozen people. "I don't go out much and the usual place I go is far too loud to hold a normal conversation."

Nodding in understanding, he quickly responds. "The Wolf's Den?"

"Yeah... that's the one." She tries not to let her smile falter at him knowing the name of the bar she frequents... I'm sure I mentioned the name of Sirius' bar to him during training. She thinks to herself. I used to talk up the place to the other Trainees in hopes of bringing in more business.