v. no one will ever know

"Ooh, how about this one?" Ray asked as him, Rose, and Katie looked through house listings

"Ooh, how about this one?" Ray asked as him, Rose, and Katie looked through house listings. Rose shook her head. "Too small." She said. "This one?" She flipped the page and pointed to another house. Ray looked at the price and hissed. Rose looked at it. "On second thought, maybe not." She said. She turned to Katie. "You've been awfully quiet." She pointed out. Katie focused her eyes on her. "What?" She asked.

"You haven't said anything for the last twenty minutes." Rose said, concerned. "Yeah, that's a record for you." Ray joked around. Katie rolled her eyes. "Ha ha. Very funny." She said. "Anyways, what's going on with you? We kinda wanted your help with picking out a house." Rose said. Katie shook her head. "I've just been thinking." She said. "About what?" Rose asked. "Well, I think I know the perfect house for you guys." She said. Rose raised an eyebrow. "Well, now that Dad's gone, me and Mom are selling the house. So..." Katie trailed off.

"You want us to buy your house?" Ray asked. Katie nodded sheepishly. "I don't really wanna give it up, so I figured it would be perfect for you guys." She admitted. Rose turned to look at Ray. "It is a really beautiful house." She said. Ray nodded, agreeing. "It's perfect for you guys now that you're gonna have a baby. And perfect room for more." Katie said. Rose looked down at her growing baby bump. She nodded. "But that house is more than we can afford." Ray said. "You think I'm not gonna sell it to you for a discounted price?" Katie asked.

Rose and Ray laughed. Rose turned to look at her husband, a hopeful look in her eyes. He turned to look at Katie. "It's a deal then." Katie clapped her hands in excitement. "Yes! And that means I won't have to give up my room." She said. "You guys know you're never going to get rid of me? I'm your forever third wheel." She continued. Ray chuckled. "That you are." He said. "But it also means that I can be a free babysitter, and then my kid and your kid can be friends." Katie said. "What kid?" Rose asked. Katie paled. "Uh, surprise?" She said.

"You're pregnant?" Ray asked. Katie nodded. "With whose baby?" Rose shouted. Katie turned away. "Bobby's." She whispered. "Bobby? You slept with Bobby?" Rose asked. "Ew no!" Katie yelled out. "Then why and how are you pregnant with his child?" Rose asked. "Who's Bobby?" Ray asked. "Trevor." Both Katie and Rose said at the same time. "But, we both know Bobby wants a child, and he doesn't exactly have luck with women. You know how most of them only go after him for his money." Katie explained.

"He could always adopt." Rose said, still not understanding the situation. "He knows that. But he wants one of his own. So I offered." Katie said. "I mean, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to have a family of my own, so why not help my best friend have that?" She continued. "I'm not going to be involved in her life like that. I'm not going to be her mother like that. As far as she'll know, I'm just gonna be her dad's friend. Think of me as like a surrogate." Katie explained. "It's a girl?" Rose asked. Katie nodded. "How do you know?" Rose asked.

"I saw it. She's gonna look just like him." Katie said. After being a witch for over eight years now, Katie was able to see visions of the future. "Do you know her name?" Rose asked. Katie nodded. "Carrie." Katie told her. Bobby had the name picked out since they minute they found out the transfer worked and that Katie was pregnant. "Carrie and Julie. They're gonna be best friends." Ray said, telling Katie the name he and Rose had picked out for their daughter. "Yes they will." Katie agreed. Rose paused. "Wait, if it's a girl, that means..." She started.

"She's going to be a witch." Katie finished for her and nodded. "Yeah. She will be." She said. "How are you gonna deal with that?" Ray asked. Katie shook her head. "She'll never know. When she's born, I'm going to put a spell on and bind her magic so that it'll never present itself." She explained. "She'll never know that I'm her mother." She continued. "No one will ever know."