The Battle

Ukaen wakes up slowly, the light filtering through the woven curtains. He reluctantly gets out of bed and goes through his morning routine, washing his face, eating breakfast and going for a walk before heading to the stables and visiting his Txa'bu E'lu, who is always playful, loving, and happy to see her friend. After taking E'lu for a short flight he gears up for work, despite technically loosing the ceremonial fight with Ta'maek the current leaders were impressed with his ability and strength of will and asked Ukaen to be an advisor for training their troops.

During the time he's been with the troops he noticed he has noticed that some of them have adopted Adixian tactics as well as methodology and mental training in combat, allowing them to make rational split second decisions. The last few days have been long but worth it in the end, knowing he's helping give them a better chance of survival.

Keer'sa's innate leadership skills have been invaluable, as she and the council have been meeting with the military leaders that arrived with their troops a little more than a week ago to discuss the plan of attack on the Off Worlder Base.

And Shay'era has been following in her father's footsteps, helping the local healers with "Off-Worlder Medicine" while combining them with traditional remedies to create some salves or tonics that are far more effective than they where previously, she also has begun to take training with the Airborne Warriors to sharpen her skills as a Txa'bu rider.

At around Noontime everyone takes a lunch break and decides to meet up at a restaurant, the place Keer'sa likes to go. The meal is delicious and filling, the conversation light and fun allowing the three to fully relax.. mostly..

Ukaen leans back in his chair with a content expression on his face and notices Shay'era's somewhat blank expression as she's picks at her food, Keer'sa notices and announces she has to be getting back leaving Ukaen and Shay'era by themselves.

There's a pause before Ukaen asks- "Do you mind taking a walk with me?"

Shay'era's stoic expression allows a tiny sad smirk on the corner of her mouth but it quickly fades as she says plainly, almost like she's having thoughts cloud her mind- "Um.. no, sorry. maybe later?"

Ukaen nods and acquiesces as she gets up and leaves. He pays for the bill all the while wondering what's with Shay'era.

He's done paying the bill when he sees a familiar face approach him.

Ukaen- "O'lo, how have you been?"

O'lo- "Not bad considering the arthritis in my hands.." he chuckles and continues. "The council wanted me to tell you that they appreciate what you have been doing so far, but they are reworking the plan, so that means less work for you."

Ukaen feels saddened a little as he says- "Will they need me at all?"

O'lo- "Quite possibly, they'll come through me to summon you. There's a moment where not a word is said before Ukaen uncomfortably nods and says.

Ukaen- "So.. is there anything else?"

O'lo- "Yes actually.. I have something I want to give you it's back at my house, it is a little too heavy to carry with me, if I was younger I could-.. oh, you get the idea." he says shrugging as he ushers Ukaen to follow him.

So Ukaen follows O'lo to a small street level home where on entering the dim house, he notices some old artwork on the walls and the rather simple living.

O'lo- "Make yourself comfortable, it might take me a minute or two to find it..... now did I put it over here..." he starts to mumble as he walks away into another room.

He walks over to a picture that almost looks like it was woven instead of painted, and sees it's a depiction of Adixian soldiers first contact with the Teronite people, he notes how peaceful the scene looks, even willing to venture the point of the painting wasn't to remind people of the pain of what was to come, but of the joy of helping others.