𝟏: 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Marinette Dupain-Cheng had her blond fiance sit on the pink chaise she made in the corner of her bedroom, excited and full of passion. Just last night, the magical moment they (along with everyone from their former high school class) have been waiting for.

Adrien Agreste had planned on waiting until Monarch was defeated, but as the events of The Final Day played out, their lives were reset by the villain himself, who was revealed to be the boy's father.

Even in the end... The butterfly Miraculous he possessed was not put into the right hands.

A threat in their civilian and hero lives, Cerise Bianca (also known as the fake, stupid, horrible, b*tch Lila Rossi) took Monarch's throne quickly after his downfall.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

'As long as there is Ladybug and Chat Noir... there will be someone to give us purpose. Hawk Moth, Shadow Moth, Scarlet Moth, Monarch... That's how fate declared it be. We don't live in a perfect world, and that's okay."

The black-clad hero shot a doubtful look to his polka-dotted partner.

"I understand how overwhelmed you are, mon Chaton (my kitty), but I just needed you to know this. We need balance in this world... opposites to keep the scale even. If you think about it, it actually makes the world better no matter how you look at it." Ladybug giggled, trying to enhance the mood. Her bluebell eyes desperately searched for a spark of light in her lover's olive green ones. "And y'know... if that balance is between good, and it's opposite, evil... That's okay too." She smiled, and finally saw her partner smile too.

"We'll keep Lila in her place, just as we did for Monarch. Together." The hero stood up, blue hair swaying a bit in the cool breeze of the night. She held out her covered fist. "Pound it?"
Chat Noir stood up from the ledge of the building they perched on, following suit with his partner.

"Pound it."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Adrien smiled. 2 years ago as of last night, Ladybug had made that speech. It wasn't a more perfect date for him to pop the big question.

"Marinette, did you always have that huge whiteboard?"

The blue-haired teen nodded vigorously. "Since I was fourteen and totally crazy for you." She stated matter-of-factly with a rosy blush on her face. "I may or may not have planned our whole wedding... then kept the plans in my closet because it seemed so impossible and unrealistic..."

"But young Marinette be d@mned, because it IS happening!"

Flipping the board around, the two were completely taken aback. The board was covered in nothing but designs for dresses and suits, the flowers, and of course, plenty of cropped pictures of her future husband.

"Jesus Christ-"

"God I am mentally ill..."

They both stated, before looking at each other and sharing a laugh.

"Marinette, just know I wouldn't care if we got married in this bedroom. I don't want you to stress out over it, okay...?" Adrien reminded her, knowing she probably (definitely) wouldn't listen.

"I know, but we've been waiting so many years for this, Chaton! It HAS to be extremely special!" She retorted, dramatically falling into his lap.

Knowing there was no point in arguing, he lifted his admirer up to sit on his lap, and without words pulled her into a gentle kiss, nuzzling her nose afterwards.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The couple, along with their parents (and caretakers) decided on an early May date, giving them very few chaotic months to plan.

Although Marinette wanted to start on her dream dress, there were more important things she needed to take care of. Like taking care of relationships, her family, other wedding plans...

Oh yeah, and a whole a$% city!

Since The Final Day, Paris's police force has become more reliant on the Miraculous heroes to stop major crimes and of course, akumatizations, something Marinette prayed she would never have to deal with again as her future came more in sight.

But being Ladybug is her future, and as tedious as it is, the hero knows she was chosen to be the Guardian, as well as protect the people she loves.

...Just as long as it's not during early May!

"Alya, I hate imagining the 'what ifs' but seriously, what if!?!"

The two girls were gathered around Marinette's messy desk, littered with notes, scraps of fabric, and plenty of pens. "My earrings should be fine, but Adrien wouldn't be able to wear his ring, right...?"

The Ladyblog creator thought for a minute. "It would seem a bit odd... Even for the both of you. But hey, you're never this scared as Ladybug, right? Think about it that way!"

The positive mood Alya set carried throughout the busy afternoon as very important executive decisions were made, with the thought of what to do with the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous's put to the back of Marinette's mind. With everything organized and budgeted with Sabine's help, the two realized it was well into the night.

"I should probably go. Nora's gonna fuh-reak if I don't show up in the next two seconds." Alya stated, gathering her bag and phone before opening the hatch to enter her best friend's room.

"Good idea, no offense to your older sister, but Anasi is pretty creepy and I really don't need any nightmares, for like... the next three months. Or ever! That'd be great too." Marinette laughed, using her hands to over-express her point.

"Alright Mari, get some sleep. Don't let the spiders bite~!" Alya replied, wiggling her fingers. "Oh, and one more thing that I meant to tell you..."

As quickly as she could, Alya spat "The lotus flowers won't be ready in time, we still have no wedding officiator or honeymoon location anddddd we only have about 450 euros to spend on the dress great okay bye!"

Marinette's blue eyes became as wide as saucers. She sat still, hearing Alya rush down the stairs, then the ring of the bell on the door when she ran outside.

"Sh*t."

"MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG!"

"Damm*t-"

"MARINETTE!"

"Sorry mom!"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵