𝟑: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"You know I wouldn't do that. G'night Plagg."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The next morning, Adrien woke up late in the day, full sunshine pouring in through the many windows that made up a wall. Nathalie, his caretaker, was busy typing away on her tablet while talking to Tomoe Tsurugi, a common sight considering the older woman has ownership of the Gabriel Agreste brand.

What wasn't common was the fact they both recognized he entered the living room, and both quickly panicked before continuing to talk about something else.

"What's going on with you two?"

"Nothing Adrien. Come sit, we have things to discuss." Nathalie assured, and he took a seat across from the women, his posture more relaxed compared to their stiffness.

"So we've already settled a few things for the special day, and I know personally it's not exactly your favorite topic but I figured I'd run some things by you." The organized caretaker began in her usual monotone voice. "Ms. Tsurugi and I have arranged decorations, invitations, and a venue as per the Dupain-Cheng's and Alya Césaire's request."

Adrien held his breath, knowing the woman probably wouldn't put faith in his friends. She meant well, but believed that hiring a so-called "professional" for everything was the way to go.

"Ms. Tsurugi and I also organized catering to help the others."

"Excuse me?" Adrien finally answered, standing up. Nathalie knew that the Dupain-Cheng's owned a freakin' bakery and could cook extremely well. "Nathalie, I'm the hardest person to piss off, but you've done it. How could you think of putting my fiancée's family to shame like that!?!"

Nathalie sighed, knowing this would come up. Adrien decided to back off a bit, knowing deep down she just wanted everything to be perfect; he was like a son to her since Gabriel went to be with Emilie.

"I know you want everything to go well... But please understand that myself along with Marinette and everyone else we call on has it handled, and they're the ones you need to contact. Marinette is stressed enough, and changing the plans or causing miscommunications will make it more chaotic for everyone..."

Nathalie cut him off, placing a hand on his shoulder with a smile. "I understand and I apologize Adrien. I'll contact your friends about decorations and the like."

"Yes, now go occupy yourself for a while, we have important matters to discuss with Ms. Hasunohana (Lotus flower)." Tomoe ushered, poking him with her shinai sword. He puts his hands up defensively and then leaves shortly thereafter.

"Now, where were we, Ms. Sancoeur?" The older woman asked, placing her cane on the ground and resting her hands on the handle.

"I found it in another hidden room, inside of the room where we kept his old designs." Nathalie answered, pulling out a key from her pocket. "I think Emilie's dress will be beautiful on her."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

For the next few weeks, Marinette decided it'd be best to give her full attention to college and being Ladybug, as well as trying to figure out how she could acquire everything to make her dress before the big day.

She had originally planned on making a scalloped-layer dress, being short in the front (because she's clumsy) and having a long train on the back (because she's dramatic). However, budget was still an ongoing issue that she didn't want to be in the way, so instead of having a dramatic dress, Marinette decided to attempt something more simplistic that would still boldly state it was her dress. While pinning the soft ribbon hems on the tulle layer, she received a call from Nathalie.

"Ms. Dupain-Cheng, glad to hear from you. Ms. Tsurugi and I have something we'd like to show you, if you have the time." The businesswoman inquired. Marinette removed the pin from her mouth, while Tikki took the sharp tool until her holder needed it. Using her hand for support, she leaned back, giving Nathlie her full attention.

"Of course Ms. Sancoeur, what time works for you?" She cheerfully answered, giving herself brownie points for knowing how punctual and orderly the woman is.

"If you could come for tea around... four? That would be wonderful."

Not sure what to expect, Marinette told Nathalie she'd be there.

"Tikki... Ms. Tsurugi is a strict woman, what if she asks me to wear one of her designs instead of my own? If I refuse I just know she'd convince Nathalie that I'm no good for Adrien, I don't know how but I just feel like she could..." The young seamstress rattled off in a panic. "She worked for Gabriel Agreste, a.k.a Monarch before too..."

"Marinette, I'm sure that whatever the situation is, it's not as bad as you think. They could be offering you supplies or something for your dress!" Tikki expressed, flying into the teens bag.

"You're right Tikki, as always. I just need to hope for the best, hm?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The blue-haired designer announced her arrival, and the gates of the Agreste manor opened, revealing its lush, green courtyard, which Adrien specifically requested to replace the old concrete blocks that were once there. The grandeur of the house never failed to amaze Marinette, and neither did the excitement of seeing Adrien waiting for her at the door.

"Adrien!"

"Hi Lovebug," he replied, pulling her into a quick kiss and handing her a red rose, memories and nostalgia running through her mind before she touched it. "Nathalie and Ms. Tsurugi are inside waiting for you, told me it was super top secret and no boys allowed." He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

Marinette's smile fell. Between personal work and school, she's rarely seen Adrien unless they were patrolling the city for an hour or two, and the distance made her feel a bit ashamed that she hadn't been close with her fiancé. "Oh... okay, I'll go see what they need then... What are you gonna do in the meantime though?"

"Once Kagami arrives then I'm heading out for fencing practice, hopefully afterwards a stunningly beautiful princess will come by so I can sweep her off her feet... then live happily ever after, y'know?" He answered, taking her hand and kissing it as she blushed.

"You should come by the bakery later, mon Chaton, just spend some time together before babysitting Paris for the night." Marinette suggested with a smile. "I miss you, a lot, and I'm sorry for being so distant..."

Before she could comprehend, two strong arms snaked around her waist, gently holding her in an embrace. "Sounds like a date, m'lady." He kissed her forehead, and the couple parted ways.

"Ms. Marinette?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵