𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦

"MARINETTE!"

"Sorry mom!"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

A dusk sky blanketed over the streets of Paris. Street lamps began to flicker as the moon and stars came over the horizon.

The light on the third floor of a certain bakery remained on, yet not a single moving shadow or sign of motion was present.

This created concern for a certain black cat, who stood across the street from the Dupain-Cheng family's home, waiting for the ever-amazing Ladybug to appear on the roof, searching for him. The sly cat would always show up in a different place within the perimeter of the bakery, and wait for his polka-dotted lady to find him before they set off, a game they started years ago when the Miraculous team decided to send two members each day on patrol in order to ensure the safety of Paris would thrive. Ladybug and Chat Noir were always scheduled to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and every week they did this without fail, even when the couple started college. After waiting a very patience-challenging ten minutes, Chat Noir decided to investigate.

His lovely wife-to-be was still at her desk, head down as she used her arms as pillows. A stream of saliva fell from her open mouth, ironic to her dainty appearance, and the hero couldn't help but smile. He quietly walked over, rubbing her shoulders gently in an attempt to wake her up.

"Lovebug~..." He whispered in a sing-song tone, receiving a soft hum in return as the girl lifted her head, blinking in order to adjust to the light. "We have patrol tonight, princess…"

Marinette immediately shot up from her desk, spewing a nonsense mess of "oh my god!", "I'm sorry!", "I completely lost track of time!" and finally a string of "shit!" as she attempted to panic-clean her room and prepare to leave. Her husband-to-be assured her it was completely fine, but it was in the hero's nature to be so hard on herself if she forgot something, especially since she's learned the hard way that it could have major consequences.

"Tikki-"

Before she could transform, Chat Noir hushed her by cupping her face, gaining her attention which was evidently shown by her confused expression. Tikki was equally confused, being woken up by Marinette's sudden call.

"Okay one, you're going to wake your parents up, which is a big no-no. Two, don't worry Tikki, Marinette is just overworking herself to the bit again. Three… You look tired Bugaboo… get some rest. And don't make excuses to overwork yourself, I told you that you shouldn't worry, and I just need you to trust me, please-!" He begged, and scooped the girl up without waiting for an answer. Wordlessly she wrapped her legs around the hero's torso, giving in to his warm touch. The little red kwami giggled at how adorably the sleepy Marinette melted into his arms, before heading to the Miracle Box.

"I love it when you purr…" She sleepily mumbled as he set her down on the loveseat, cheeks redder than Ladybug's suit. Marinette went on as he searched for a blanket. "...And I just want to finish planning now so I can focus on everything else… like you… and being Ladybug… and being less stressed later…"

Draping a soft covering over the sleepy hero, he sighed, preparing to scold her for being so ignorant of her wellbeing, but didn't have the heart to.

'Curse your beauty Marinette Dupain-Chang…' He thought, undo-ing her hair as gently as he could. "I'm sure there's a better way you- no- we can manage, Lovebug. Don't stress…"

"Mmm… Adrien…?" Marinette asked quietly just as the hero was about to leave.

"Yes, bugaboo?"

"If you could go anywhere… Where would you go for our honeymoon?"

In the dark, a sly grin appeared on the cat-like hero's face. "Somewhere exclusively just for me and you~… Alone~… Plenty of candles and rose petals~..."

"Adrien-!"

"I'm kidding love, let me think about that question.”

“Goodnight, princess."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The sky returned to dusk as the sun attempted to slowly climb over the horizon with no success quite yet. Chat Noir, returning to his civilian form, saw the clock read ‘3:47’.

He pulled out a small chunk of Camembert cheese from a little dish, feeding it to his impatient kwami.

“Y'know Plagg, I didn't think it'd be this bad… “ Adrien sighed, sitting at the edge of his bed as he kicked off his orange converse.

“What are you talkin’ about?! You've had the girl of your dreams wrapped around your finger for YEARS before finally puttin’ a ring on it! And hey, she wants to stay!” The mini cat replied. Adrien fell onto his pillow, pursing his lips and rolling his eyes at Plagg's response.

"Plagg, you know there's a good reason why we both had to wait, and I wasn't talking about that. I just thought we'd be closer, but a week has gone by and this is the furthest we've been apart…"

The kwami decided to rest on the teens chest, rise and falling softly with each breath.

"I love her a lot, I just wish she'd I dunno…  tell me what I can do-"

"Sounds kinky."

"Oh shut the hell up-!" Adrien reported, sitting up.

"Okay, okay I'm sorryyyy-! I'm not the kwami to talk to if you want dating advice or somethin', you know that! Just… I dunno, think the way she's thinking!"

Adrien sunk back down onto his pillow. "And you say you suck at advice, that's actually a good idea. She cares a lot, so of course she'd wanna do everything in her power to make it perfect. Maybe I should just let her do her thing, I mean…  she wouldn't be so ecstatic if she didn't love me or want me, right?"

"I'm not going to listen to you argue with yourself if she loves you or not, but if she goes, then Sugarcube goes too, and I'll never let you live that down if you take Sugarcube away." Plagg stated.

"You know I wouldn't do that. G'night Plagg."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵