Ch. 9

Slowly running a hand through my thick curly hair, I bit down on my lip as I looked through the script for the second movie. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Raising an eyebrow when reading over the scene where Kili got shot by an arrow, I shook my head.

"He is going to love this..." I mumbled out, knowing how my brother loved the drama. It was good that they were focusing on his character a little more, compared to the rest of the dwarves. Besides Richard of course, this just meant that there would be more opportunities for him to get more roles in other shows and box-office films.

My train of thought was soon interrupted by a knock on the door, easily shut the script and placed it down beside me on the couch.

"Come in!" I called out, at this time I was sitting in Aiden's trailer. In the back of my head, I had hoped it was Orlando.

I wanted to clarify a few things, I feel like we had rushed into things and I didn't want to ruin anything or make any drama on set. This was a big opportunity for Aiden and I felt like I was making it about myself deep down.

Eventually, the door opened and I noticed Dean walking in. "Is Aiden in here?" He asked, shutting the door behind him as he made his way over to the couch.

"No, I think he's still on set, why? Do you need something?" I asked. Watching as the blond shook his head in response.

"I was just going to invite him out to some drinks" he began, fiddling with his thumbs. "You're invited as well, of course, and a few other cast members are going considering we aren't filming anything tomorrow. It's mainly the scenes between Orlando and Lee" Dean explained. Sounding as though he was trying to convince me to come out with them or at least, not give my brother a hard time if he wanted to.

"If I get to Aiden first I'll let him know you asked," I commented, picking up my phone and scrolling through some emails." And I'll...think about it" I promised him. Earning a smile from Dean who simply waved me off and exited the trailer.

Maybe I could use a break, have a few drinks, and make some more friends. It wasn't a terrible idea.

——-

"So are you and Orlando a couple or just a fling?" Aiden asked later that evening while we were in the hotel getting ready.

Pulling my hair up into a high ponytail, I shrugged. " I think we need to talk more about it" I began." Before I can give you a clear-cut answer" I mumbled out. Pulling on some platform shoes.

Adjusting my shirt so that it showed off my figure a little more, I smiled to myself. "I just kinda think we rushed into things and I need to remember we're literally on the set for the Hobbit," I added as Aiden walked out of the bathroom.

"Fair, fair" he shrugged, adjusting his shirt in the mirror. Having changed into a black button-up (which was half unbuttoned) and a pair of dark jeans.

Of course, he would.

I rolled my eyes before swinging the door open and hinting for him to start moving. Once we had left our room, we made our way down the hallway.

"Shit! I forgot my phone" I insisted, turning to go back but that was when Aiden grabbed my arm.

"Oh no you don't! Tonight is about having fun, not work!" He insisted, causing me to huff but soon agreed as we waited at the elevators.

The doors soon clicked open and we went to step on, but that is when Orlando stepped off.

Both of us wearing the same expression, before his turn to confusion.

"Hey- Alex, I was just coming up to see you" he began." I had texted you but I figured you might have been...." Orlando looked back and forth between the two of us. "Am I missing something?" He asked innocently.

As Aiden promptlyy stepped onto the elevator behind him." We're going out with a few cast members for some drinks. We would have invited you but we know you're filming tomorrow." Aiden commented, his words coming off a bit smug. But I figured he was just getting impatient and wanted to leave.

"Not a problem" Orlando began, waving his hand. Before looking back to me, forcing a smile as he spoke up once more." Well, you look...just divine." He commented." I'll have to join you all next time if you do go out for drinks again" he explained." But Alex- I wanted to speak with you, are you in a rush?"

"I am actually, could we chat tomorrow?" I asked, stepping onto the elevator as well.

"Yeah of course!" He called out as the elevator doors closed and we headed for the bar.

Orlando's POV:

"I don't know, she's been acting odd" I explained to Lee, pacing back and forth in my hotel room. As Lee sat on the couch, sipping a martini.

"How so?" He asked, twirling his drink around around in his hand before taking a sip.

"Distant? I asked her to be mine and she said yes, so I figured we were official but now- it's like she's been avoiding me" I explained, causing Lee to spit out into his drink.

"You what?" He scoffed, wiping the alcohol from his lips." If that isn't the cheesiest thing I've ever heard." Lee insisted before shrugging his shoulders." Frankly if I were you, I wouldn't admit to anyone else that is how you asked her to be your girlfriend" he began. Placing his drink down and clasped his hands together." Maybe you're coming off a little strong? A girl like her might be a bit overwhelmed" Lee suggested, causing me to stop pacing as I thought through what he had said.

"What do you mean a girl like her?" I asked.

"I mean someone who isn't a celebrity" he smirked, causing me to instinctively grab my phone and send her a text.

'Hey Alex, can we talk?'

Maybe it was a little impulsive but I wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

"I don't think it's that, she's not like that" I insisted. "Her brother is a celebrity"

"He is...but not like you" Lee responded, causing me to slip on my shoes. "Where are you going?"

"Things like this are better talked out in person!" I called out, quickly leaving the room.

While standing in the elevator, I began talking out what I was going to say. But that is when I saw her right as the elevator doors opened.

And she looked- gorgeous.

Stepping off of the elevator, I held back a frown and forced out a smile when I discovered they were going to a bar. I rambled out a few words, but with that, she quickly stepped onto the elevator. Not even noticing that I was trying to kiss the top of her head.

But Aiden did.

"Yeah, of course!" I called out as the doors closed and I lowered my head once they had shut.

I felt jealous, I wanted to be there- but it wasn't doable. Maybe Lee was right, I was coming off too strong and needed to back off a bit. Heading back to my room, I knew Lee would tear me apart when he found out shattered had happen.

——

Tehe I'm backkkkkk