15. Trustfall

But I slipped right through his fingers
As I leaned back without caution
Took a trustfall and I landed at the bottom

But I slipped right through his fingersAs I leaned back without cautionTook a trustfall and I landed at the bottom

Paige

"Hey guys, thinking going to Kenny's Pizza for dinner and maybe a movie night?" Azzi smiles towards the group of us as she picks her things up from her locker.

I glance at Jenna as she changes from her practice jersey to an oversized uconn sweatshirt.

"P?"

"i- yeah i'm down, i would love to shower first though before we aren't ever aloud at Kenny's again" I chuckle referring to how sweaty we were.

"Jenn?" Azzi smiles towards the brunette, "you down?"

My eyes flicker to the girl who lets out an exhusted sigh, "i would but i actually made plans tonight, rain check? I heard from Mia that Kenny's is so good.."

Jenna loved pizza— if we were in a group of people and you asked her what food she'd take to a deserted island.. She'd simply say pizza. But that's what made her, her.

and i loved her for —

what?

no..

"Plans with whooo!!" Nika smiles making the girl blush before meeting my eyes. Nervousness flashes across her face as she looks down at her hands.

"i-um Mia.. yeah— just a girls night.." She tucks a peice of hair behind her ear before running to hide her face in her locker.

She's lying?

I examine her body language carefully as she got nervous around the girls.. She only did that when she's lying.

"Awh okay! Do you want us to bring you a slice home?" Azzi lugs her backpack on her shoulder before grabbing her keys.

"I would absolutely love that — i love pizza." She smiles.

"I'll meet you guys out at the car? Don't take to long or this Azzi will be a hangry Azzi..." She chuckles patting me on the shoulder giving me the 'try and talk to her' look.

Nika shooting me the same before we were the last two in the locker room.

The silence grew as I sighed watching her put her backpack on her back.

"Why are you lying?" I blurt before mentally wanting to slap myself in the face.

"What?" She snaps her head towards me.

"i-um..."

"no i heard what you said.."

"oh"

"I was just wondering why you think talking to me about lying is a good idea.." She snaps rolling her eyes as she gripped her backpack handle, "because if i'm a liar — what are you.."