47. Mine

Do you remember, we were sittin' there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you remember, we were sittin' there by the water?You put your arm around me for the first timeYou made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughterYou are the best thing that's ever been mine

3rd person

"I don't know John— it's looking like to me Paige  stepped into this one for her teammate, the tech on herself getting a very unhappy coach from Geno."

"I think there should be no tech regardless Tim, Gonzaga's guards have been beating Midow all game and the refs refuse to see it. If i was Paige i would be like take a piece of me too — it's good leadership on this Uconn defense.."

Jenna

Jenna

I give a tight lipped smile as I walk over to Caitlin and Kate who waited for me after the game.

Avoiding Paige's gaze as she signs autographs and takes pictures with fans, I give Caitlin a tight hug.

"25 points Kiddo— i'm so proud of you.."

"Could have been more if they didn't decide to sit me" I groan rolling my eyes as my hands tug at my backpack straps.

"They were guarding you too heavy.. and after Paige's... stunt, they would have ran you into the ground, probably to avoid getting Paige foul trouble — Geno needed to sit you for the rest of the 4th." Kate nods squeezing my shoulder softly, "You did great, don't be too hard on yourself.."

"I just can't believe she got a tech..." I shake my head in disbelief as i look over my shoulder at the blonde.

"I would too, fuck— they were pushing you around like a rag doll and she was tired of it, not to mention the fact that they heckled the shit out of her, she had enough and put in her own word.. you can't be mad at her because of it JJ.."

"She could have been thrown out if she threw a punch Cait— i didn't ask her to do what she did."

"But she did JJ.." Caitlin sighs, "and it's not just because your her teammate, you have to understand— shoving you and pushing you down is one thing, something i would understand would be unnecessary if she had jumped in— but they started making that shit personal, not to just you, but her too..." She gives me a soft smile as my eyes linger towards Paige. "I'm going to grab the car, maybe we can go get some Pizza for old time sake?"