✧ prologue ✧

"Children?" Remus Lupin asked, lifting his fist to knock on the door.

Before his fist made contact with the door, it opened inward, and Cressida Black, the younger and smarter twin, stood completely dressed, and holding a suitcase.

"Papa! Are you ready to go?" she asked excitedly.

"I'm supposed to be asking you that," he laughed, watching her pull the trunk into the hall.

"We have been ready since last night!"

"Is that so?"

Zenith Black lay in bed, fast asleep, snoring actually.

"Yes, we have everything we need. We'll be fine Papa, I promise," the small girl said smiling, she didn't dare know the depth of her words.

All of a sudden, a small alarm clock's tune filled the room, Zenith practically leapt out of the bed, "I'm awake, I'm up," he said, very much still asleep with his arm flailing in search of the clock.

Walking back into the room with a glare, Cressida said, "Zenith James Black! You were supposed to be up twenty minutes ago!"

"I am up! I have been up," he said, attempting to tame his hair which was sticking out in all directions.

She looks at him with an eyebrow raised, "You still have drool on your chin."

"Who?" Zenith asked, looking at his sister unenthusiastically.

"You."

"Who asked?" he grinned.

Rolling her eyes at his antics, she turned back to the hallway where Remus was watching them.

"We still have an hour until the train even gets to the station, we will make it. He has plenty of time to get ready." Remus said, patting her head.

"But we need to get there early, just in case!" she argued.

He sighs, "Come on, let's go eat. I made your favorite, your first day is a big day!

Zenith stumbled into the room, still wearing his pajama pants, "That smells good," he said, rubbing his eyes.

Cressida groaned, "You're still not dressed? Zenith!"

"Relax!" He says as he sits down in the chair next to her, "I have plenty of time."

	"Cressida, stop pushing me, we'll find someplace to sit," Zenith said irritatedly

"Cressida, stop pushing me, we'll find someplace to sit," Zenith said irritatedly. The inner walls of the train were slim.

"Papa said it's important to find a good seat!"

Zenith knocked on the door of the first compartment on the left, there was no answer, so he knocked again.

"Occupied," a voice said sharply.

Zenith pulled back the door to see a blond-haired boy sitting all alone, he was surrounded by snacks of all kinds. The seat adjacent to him was as empty as could be. He walked inside.