eight

༉‧🫧₊˚INVISIBLE STRING! ❀༉ 🧚‧₊˚.
( a jacob elordi fanfic... )
an original by louisdior

GOLDEN GLOVES AWARDS CEREMONY
7:21pm
los angeles, ca

"Hello, Nora," Cillian greeted, enveloping his daughter in a warm hug. The affectionate nickname, a term of endearment reserved only for her, resonated in the dimly lit room. Nellie, feeling her father's embrace, shut her eyes briefly, finding solace in the familiar and comforting presence of her dad. The jitters of the glamorous event seemed to momentarily fade away.

It was no secret that Nellie was Cillian's favorite, a fact he often denied with a playful smile. The bond between father and daughter had been strong from the very beginning. Nellie, a true daddy's girl, shared Cillian's distinctive face and reserved demeanor, embodying the essence of Murphy lineage. Though you could argue her baby blue eyes and dark hair hinted at her mother Adriana's features, it was her father's traits that dominated her appearance.

"Hi, Dad," Nellie said, breaking the hug with a warm smile. She gracefully moved on to greet her mother, Adriana, sharing a tender moment before proceeding to greet the other occupants at the table. The Oppenheimer cast, including the legendary Robert Downey Jr., received warm and genuine hellos. Noticing the absence of Florence Pugh in her chair, Nellie took a seat and engaged in lively conversation with her parents.

"What's going on? You look tense," Adriana inquired, her concern etched across her face as she poured a glass of champagne from the center of the table. Nellie, her eyes scanning the room filled with celebrities, admitted to feeling nervous, the weight of the event palpable.

"Just kind of nervous," Nellie replied, acknowledging the overwhelming atmosphere. Despite her experience walking runways and performing in stadiums, the sea of celebrities at the Golden Globes proved to be a formidable challenge. Helena's words about never getting used to it resonated.

"What for?" Cillian questioned, a hint of fatherly concern in his voice.

"Don't know," Nellie admitted, her social anxiety gradually surfacing. It seemed paradoxical that someone accustomed to facing cameras and crowds could still feel the sting of intimidation in such star-studded settings.

Cillian, ever the supportive father, slid her an alcoholic drink with a knowing wink. "Here, liquid courage,"

Taking the tall glass, Nellie raised it to her lips and took a sip, the familiar taste of classic Irish champagne, Guinness, registering in her brain. "Guinness," she identified, earning an approving nod from her dad.

"As always," Cillian responded with a hint of pride. "Where's Dua? You came with her, right?"

"Umm," Nellie hesitated, realizing she had left her friend behind. Scanning the room, she located Dua Lipa engaged in conversation. "Oh my god, is that Pedro Pascal?"

"Ah yes, talked to him earlier. He's a nice guy, big fan of your music," Cillian shared with a casual ease that only heightened Nellie's surprise.

"Shut the fuck up," she blurted out, thinking aloud, earning an amused look from her dad. "I mean, no way," she corrected, the realization sinking in as her mother chuckled.

With seven minutes before the show aired, Nellie, fueled by the newfound energy, rose from her chair. "I'm gonna go over and talk to him. I'll come back during the next break," she declared, planting kisses on her parents' cheeks before making her way over to Dua and Pedro.