chapter 16: lux evil schemes

The limping spy, battered and bruised, stumbled into the grand chamber where Lux awaited. Lux's face contorted with anger as he observed the pitiful state of his subordinate. The spy fell to his knees, gasping for breath, and began to recount the encounter with Rex Bael.

Spy:My Lord Lux, forgive my failure. Rex Bael... he's too powerful. His wind manipulation skills were beyond anything I've encountered before."l

Lux's eyes glowed with a furious intensity as he listened to the spy's account. The atmosphere in the chamber became thick with tension.

Lux:Too powerful, you say? Explain, in detail, how Rex one-sidedly destroyed you

Lux demanded, his voice seething with anger.

The spy, trembling, described the overwhelming force of Rex's wind manipulation, how each attack seemed to be effortlessly controlled. Lux's frustration grew with every word.

Spy:He's too powerful, my Lord Lux. I couldn't stand a chance

the spy admitted, his voice filled with fear.

In a fit of rage, Lux unleashed his demonic power, a surge of dark energy enveloping the chamber. The spy's eyes widened in terror as Lux's wrath intensified.

Lux:You dare come before me with such incompetence?!" Lux roared, his anger reaching a boiling point.

Without a moment's hesitation, Lux directed his demonic power at the spy, the force of his wrath extinguishing the life from the already battered subordinate. The chamber fell silent, the echoes of Lux's fury lingering in the air.

In the aftermath, Lux stood alone, his expression cold and unyielding. The price of failure in his eyes was clear, and the chamber bore witness to the consequences of disappointing the ambitious devil.

As we stealthily navigated through the shadows of Lux's castle, a mischievous grin played on my lips. I couldn't help but revel in the fact that Lux remained oblivious to our presence.

Me:I can't believe that moron doesn't know we're here

I whispered, the thrill of the covert mission adding a touch of excitement to the air.

Makima, ever pragmatic, sighed softly.

Makima:Why take him seriously? He's not even part of the main Naberius clan, just a member of a branch family.

I wrapped my arms around Makima, a playful smirk on my face, and planted a kiss on her neck.

Me:You were once part of the Gremory branch family, and look at you now - powerful and possessing immense potential.

She raised an eyebrow, her expression a mix of amusement and curiosity.

Makima:And what's your point, Rex?

I chuckled, my grin widening.

Me:my point is, branch families, main families - they're all insignificant in my eyes. The only thing worth acknowledging is individual potential and skills. In that regard, you, Makima, stand out.

Makima tilted her head, a faint smile forming.

Makima:Flattery won't get you out of trouble if Lux catches us, you know.

I chuckled, continuing our stealthy progress through the castle corridors.

Me:Trouble is my middle name, Makima. Besides, Lux Nebarius won't know what hit him. It's not about his family background; it's about making a statement.

She arched an eyebrow, a hint of curiosity in her eyes.

Me:And what statement are you trying to make?