31

~Chapter 31~

Along the way, A Yin couldn't help but quietly asked: "A Jin, Chief Chang Qin and Feng Yin are not relatives. Why did you admit the wrong doings you did to Feng Yin to the fox clan clan leader? Is it because Chief  Chang Qin is on good terms with Phoenix Queen?" 

According to reason, even as an elder, Chang Qin really did not have the status to hold Gu Jin accountable. 

Gu Jin sighed and replied in a low voice: "I heard from Senior Brother that at the grand banquet when Feng Yin was born on Wutong Island, the Chief Chang Qin asked the Phoenix Queen to marry Feng Yin to her nephew. If Feng Yin had successfully been born that year, I'm afraid Chief Chang Qin has already hired someone on Wutong Island. With this origin, it's reasonable for her to be angry with me." 

A Yin frowned when she heard this and said, "Even the Phoenix Queen can't decide on Feng Yin's marriage, let alone the leader of the Fox clan."  

She answered back so rightfully and simply, which made Gu Jin froze, he touched A Yin's head, sighed at her childish nature, and didn't take her words to heart.  

The two of them traveled to the front of the quiet lake, looked at the distant scenery, could not help but freeze.  

Jing You Lake is hidden away in the Fox Clan's back mountain. The middle of the lake contains a gorgeously rounded island. The island's sycamore tree is twice as large as the one in Nine Nether Purgatory, standing at a height of several feet. The entire center of the lake is covered in lush branches and leaves. Around the sycamore tree, a golden light flickered, radiating a warm, potent spiritual power. Hundreds of asleep fox cubs were at this point hanging beneath the sycamore tree, absorbing up the tree's spiritual energy. 

It turns out that this sycamore tree provides nourishment for the high-level tailed foxes that have been born into the fox clan in the last few thousand years, making them far superior than their past generations. It makes sense why the Fox Clan elders view their entry into Jing You Lake to retrieve Feng Yin's soul as so taboo. After all, the two of them are immortals. The vitality of the Fox Clan will be severely harmed if they have malicious intent and seize the chance to destroy the sycamore tree. 

But this sycamore tree must have great spiritual power if it can give birth to all of the Fox Clan's cubs. How could he be willing to remain in the Fox Clan and raise the children of the demon clan when he was a sacred tree? 

Gu Jin was suspicious in his heart, but he saw Chang Huo stopped three meters away from Jing You Lake. He bowed in the direction of the sycamore tree from a distance and stopped taking half a step closer. 

"The Immortal Clan? Chang Huo, Chang Qin actually let the Immortal Clan come to Jing You Lake. Immortal boy, are you here to take back the soul of Phoenix Clan Queen?" 

There was an old voice in the center of the lake. Gu Jin paused and raised an eyebrow toward the sycamore tree. On the tree trunk, a vague, enormous human face emerged that, from a distance, appeared to be wise and kind. 

It was able to take shape, surprisingly enough? The sycamore tree is actually a demigod; Gu Jin felt it on the body of the mighty divine power and was deeply shocked. After hearing the sycamore tree's words, he felt joy and responded politely but quickly, saying, "I, Da Ze Mountain Gu Jin, indeed, as you said I am here for the soul of the Fire Phoenix." 

As he spoke, he took off the Fire Phoenix Jade from his waist and held it in his hand, "I have recovered the two souls of the Fire Phoenix. I also ask you to let me enter the island to retrieve the soul and bring it back to the Phoenix Clan."