Chapter 1

"I thought you already forgot about me.." I said as tears started to run down my cheeks.

"Why would I forget you? You were the person who helped me before." he said as his hands landed on my cheeks, trying to wipe my tears. "Don't cry now" He added.

I couldn't hold it anymore, my tears just kept running and running down. I cried and cried. But was it from happiness or sadness?

"I'm so happy for you..I really am" I said as I forced a smile when our eyes met.

He retrieved his hand away from my face and just placed it inside his pockets.

"Thank you, Kyrrha" He said and smiled before stepping away. Approaching his wife and child, kissing them both on the cheeks.

I watched them from a far, admiring the family. Admiring the man I once loved is now loving someone else and is married to his wife.

"Congratulations in your wedding, -------" I said as I gently wiped my face with a handkerchief. I stepped outside the venue. I looked back before I left the place.

10 years ago.

Kyrrha's POV.

"Oh no no no". I whispered to myself as I was searching for my sketchbook.

"It was just here yesterday. Where did it go?" I said as I kept looking for it everywhere. It would be a good thing if Mom was here, but she was out for work, and dad left home earlier than before.

I went downstairs, searching for it as if my life depended on it.

The sketchbook was like a diary to me. I would draw things to express myself and my unsaid feelings. I would draw gorgeous things, beautiful views, and wonderful scenarios. And if it's gone, I don't know what I would do without it.

As I looked up, I noticed the time. It was already 6:35. And my class starts at 7:30.

"It's already 6:35?! Never mind the sketchbook, I got school to go to"

I said as I rushed upstairs.

I immediately took off my clothes and threw myself in the bathroom. I finished taking a bath and just storm to my closet as I searched up my uniform. It was like a chaos. Finally I  finished preparing my stuff and just went to school without eating mybreakfast.

Time 7:15

I arrived in school just on time.

I went straight to my classroom and greeted my friends. They are my beloved friends, even though we often don't understand each other.

"Kyrrha! Thank god you came on time" Rosabella said as she walked up towards me with a smile on her face.

Rosabella Barlowe or in short Rosa, was my first ever friend in school because we were both transferees and had the same tastes. Although she was pretty hard to approach. But as you get to know her more, she's has a warm effervescent personality that made her easy to get along with.

"Why what happened?" I said in concern.

"Nothing actually." She said and let out a small giggle.

I turned my head left to right as I was looking for someone. My other best friend, Jahri Laurier. She was quiet at first but then showed us her nosy side which we didn't mind at all. Jahri and Rosabella met first during the first day of school and became friends instantly. They're like that duo who are very opposite. Rosabella the friendly and talkative one and Jahri the quiet one.

"Are you looking for Jahri?" Rosabella said as her head leaned over to my right.

"Yeah where is she?" I said softly.

"Oh she's not coming to school today because she caught a fever." She softly said as she straightened her posture.

"Oh alright." I responded.

I placed my bag on my chair as I usually do before going outside. Rosabella was just outside waiting for me as she was leaning on the wall with a phone on her hand and her fingers touched the screen of her phone as if she was texting someone.

I approached her slowly and asked "You texting someone?".

"Yeah I'm texting Tia to get in school already. Our teacher will arrive at any minute" She said in concern. Worried that Tia won't get in time.

Tia or known as Althea Keller, my other friend who's always late in class. Jahri and Tia have the same vibe. They're both quiet but Tia is more like a mysterious type of person.

Someone tapped my shoulder gently. I turned around meeting Tia's face.

"hi.." She said with her voice low and she looked tired.

"You good? You stayed up late again last night didn't you..?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Quit chitchatting, let's go inside. Our teacher will be here any soon." Rosa added as she pushed us slowly towards the door of the classroom and went in. We sat on our respective seats. The three of us were seatmates.

Rosabella is on the front while I was behind her, Tia on my right while Eris was in front of her beside Rosa and as for Jahri she is just in Rosa's right. Now Eris Nicklos, the one and only guy friend of ours but the most energetic and the loudest one. In fact he is gay and very much friendly, friendlier than Rosa.

"Heyyy gurlies" Eris greeted us along with a sarcastic giggle.

"Hi Eris" the three of us responded.

Our teacher then arrived placing her bag on her table, looking all mad.

I leaned closer to Tia and whispered. "bad mood.."

She nodded as she looked at Ms. Evangeline, then their eyes met. Tia was brave to maintain their eye contact as if she was having a fight with the teacher.

"Do we have a problem Ms. Keller?" Ms. Evangeline asked as she laid her eyes on Tia.

I immediately straightened my posture and side eyed Tia, signaling her to not start a trouble.

Tia glanced at me before responding to Ms. Evangeline's question.

"Not at all, Ms. Evangeline." She said as she leaned back on her chair, with her calmness.

Ms. Evangeline stared at her for a couple of minutes before starting the class.

"Alright, everyone listen up, I have an announcement. We will be having a program tomorrow morning at 8 am. It is related to your upcoming project so make sure you attend the whole program and do not be late!" She said the last sentence as if she was giving us a warning that if we get to the program even just a minute late, we will be receiving severe punishment.

"Another program?" The other students were talking, whispering, mumbling about how they don't wanna attend the program.

"I'll attend" I said as I raised my hand in the air.

"Me too" Rosa added as she also raised her hand in the air and just smiled.

"Tia you should attend too, Eris will surely come anyway" Rosa said as she turned around to face Tia.

Tia just sighed in defeat and also raised her hand with us.

"Alright all of you will be attending the Program tomorrow, No excuses!".