Chapter 6

Kyrrha's POV:

Weeks have passed since then.

We were having a study group inside the library, quietly studying together with my friends. For the first time, they were actually serious when they asked me to come to the library with them to study for the exams next week.

We sat at a table for five people beside the window, where fresh air flows through it.

I am not used to their silence and seriousness. It's too quiet for me to witness them.

I stood up quietly as I gave them a glance. "I'll roam for a while and find us some books that will help us," I said before taking a leave.

The library was big and had a lot of bookshelves, which gave me a hard time looking for the books I needed.

I need chemistry, mathematics, history, and... I uttered it under my breath.

The moment I turned back. A sudden appearance of someone was in front of me. A bit too close.

My eyes widened in shock as he got closer and closer while looking at me deeply.

I took a few steps back to stay away from him, but he kept stepping forward. Pinning me to the bookshelf that was behind me. Reaching out his hand above me.

What is this guy doing?! What did I do to you? Too close!! I said it loudly in my head.

I shut my eyes as I clenched my fist. Hearing him chuckle as he walked away made me confused.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw his figure nowhere to be found. "What the hell was going on with that dude?" I mumble.

I grabbed the books that I needed and went to the table where my friends sat. I told them what happened a while ago about a guy pinning me on the bookshelf. They looked excited instead of feeling concerned about me. Are they for real?!

"Are you guys serious? You're not even feeling a bit of concern for me? I almost died!" I said to them with annoyance in my voice, keeping it low.

"That was so romantic!" Rosa whispers as she crosses her hands together.

"That wasn't even serious, girl. You're being dramatic. But who did that to you?" Eris asked, leaning closer to me as he waited for an answer.

"I don't know. But I saw his face before I closed my eyes and when I opened them. He was gone." I said as I looked away from them.

"Why did you even shut your eyes anyway?" Tia asked as she rested her chin on her palm, looking at me suspiciously.

"Stop already. You guys need to mind your own business," I said as I pointed my finger at each of them.

They went quiet. Good. Are they smiling? . Then suddenly, Jahri pointed in the direction behind me.

"Mind if we join you guys?" A familiar voice was heard behind me. It was Levi's voice. I turned around to look at them and saw his friend.

I stared at them, all shocked. It was the guy who pinned me just earlier!.

"Uhm, there's only five chairs, and-" before I could even finish my sentence, Tia spoke and interrupted me. "We're already done studying anyway, so we will leave first," she said as she grabbed Eris and Jahri with her. Dragging them both outside the library.

I stared at the door in disbelief. As I turned in Rosa's direction, she was already busy acting all lovey-dovey with Levi. Seriously?

"Then I'll leave as well. I'm done with my research and homework," I said as I stood up, packing my things, but then a hand suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me down to my seat.

My bottom was slammed on the surface of the chair, which surprised Rosa and Levi. They then looked at me and the guy beside me, Levi's friend. I looked at his hand, which was grabbing me.

"Uhm, can you let go?" I said as I looked at him, narrowing my brows.

"I'm sorry, but can you stay?" he said softly and quietly. I almost couldn't hear it, but thanks to my good hearing, I heard him very well, but it wasn't the same case for the other two.

"You guys can continue," I said to them, reassuring them that this is no big deal.

"I'm Chyle. Nice to meet you," he said as he reached out his hand, offering a handshake.

I grabbed his hand gently as I shook it. "I'm Kyrrha. Nice to meet you too, Chyle," I said with a hint of shyness in my voice.

He smiled as he retrieved his hand from mine. He grabbed his chair and placed it closer to me.

He leaned close on my right as he grabbed his notebook.

"I heard you're good at math; can you teach me this?" he asked as he pointed to the question inside his notebook.

"Sure," I said as I smiled.

We spent an hour and a half inside the library. Rosa and Levi were busy studying together and flirting with each other. Me and Chyle were doing okay. He was struggling with math, and I'm glad that I helped him. We got along pretty well. He's talkative and very focused on his studies. He's handsome up close as well.

Months have passed, and we're in 10th grade now. I'm glad that me and the girls are classmates again. Same with Zein. What I didn't expect was Chyle. I guess he killed the exams and got higher grades for him to be placed in the first section.

During the seating arrangement, me and the girls were separated because of our loudness when we're together. We get loud with each other.

I got placed in the third row with Chyle. He was relieved when I was placed beside him. I was relieved too. Now we can talk every day, even during classes.

Zein was placed just behind me, and he was happy as well. I could tell from his expression the moment the teacher told me to move. He would pat my back or call my name quietly when he wanted to ask something, but I knew he was just trying to strike up a conversation with me, and I didn't mind it at all. I like talking to him after all.

Everything was going well. Me and Chyle's friendship went great, and Zein is still talking to me and treating me like his best friend. Every day was the happiest day of my life. I get to walk with Chyle to school and go home together. Me and the girl would hang out during break time and laugh at each other. Me and Zein were still doing fine; he would treat me to food when I was down. But what happened? Why is it different now?

Why is my heart beating so fast when Chyle talks to me? But why does it ache when I see Zein treating me so nicely?