Chapter 3

Kyrrha's POV:

I have finally arrived home. I was greeted with a hug from my mother, along with a kiss on my forehead.

"How was school, sweetie?" she said softly with her calming voice as she still held me in her arms.

"School was good; we just had a few activities, and that's all, Mom," I said as I hugged her gently before letting go. "I'll go upstairs in my room; I have homework to do," I added.

She just smiled and said, "Alright, sweetie, but don't push yourself too hard, alright?" She looked at me with concern in her eyes. I can see it even when she tries to hide it.

She always worries about small things after brother died. Thinking about it makes me want to let out all my tears and cry again until there are no more tears coming out of my eyes.

I had an older brother who died because of an accident. He's was the kindest and sweetest brother I had. I've always relied on him and would always ask him for help, and he would help me right away. He would always smile, be energetic, friendly, and very nice to people who were rude to him. But behind that smile, there was something dark that he was hiding. Something he didn't tell us about.

I went upstairs to my room. Closing the door behind me as I locked it. I placed my bag in the corner of my room, beside my closet. I sat down on my chair in my study area. I stared at the picture frame that was on the side of my table. It was the picture my brother and I took five years ago.

I stared at it for minutes as the memories flooded my mind. I still remember everything as if everything happened just yesterday. I then took the picture frame, wiped away the dust that was on the screen of the frame, and placed it back.

I turned my lamp on, opened my laptop, and went to browse something about our upcoming new lesson for the next grade. I studied for 4 straight hours, took notes, and studied all the subjects.

I stretched my arms as I raised them both in the air.

I checked the time, and it was already 8 p.m. and I forgot to eat dinner again. I decided to just eat tomorrow morning. I'll be eating a lot of food tomorrow.

I closed my laptop and cleaned my table before I turned off my lamp. I stood up and walked towards my bed, then threw myself on it. I faced the wall that was on my right as I stared at it for a couple of minutes before closing my eyes.

Morning came. I woke up to the sound of my alarm around 6. I took a shower and prepared my things. Today is the program that Ms. Evangeline told us about. I went down to the dining room after I prepared my things.

I placed my bag on the other seat that was beside me, then made myself some food to eat before going out.

After finishing preparing my food, I immediately ate it. I looked around the house, and it felt like no one lived here. As usual, it feels empty to me.

I walked to school after I locked the door to our house.

I arrived at the school earlier than I planned. I entered the campus and saw no one there yet. It was quiet, and there were fewer people. I checked the time on my watch; it was 7:45, and the program starts at exactly 8:10.

Why are there fewer people here? Did I get the schedule wrong? None of my classmates are here. Let's just wait and see.

I went to the gym since they will be doing the program there like always. I looked at the gym, and there were chairs everywhere, with a perfect line-up. There were students already sitting in their row. I sat down by the third row, where our class' name was stuck on the back of the chairs.

I sat down by the first chair in the first column. I was the first one to arrive at the gym from our class.

I checked my phone, scrolled through my phone, and clicked our group chat. Typing... "I'm already here in the gym; they'll be starting soon, so you better get here before they close the gate.".

I turned off my phone and was looking around the gym. It was full of lovely decorations. Decorated by the council members. They have unique tastes.

I was busy admiring and observing people. They were just doing their things—nothing special.

I looked around, as my eyes kept landing everywhere, till I turned on my back and noticed someone familiar.

I stared at that person, hoping that person wasn't someone I knew. I couldn't figure out who this person was, so I was kind of relieved that I didn't know him. But still staring at him for minutes was weird. Why did I do that?! To satisfy my curiosity, I must've gone crazy.

I sighed, as my head was still in his direction. He must've noticed that my gaze was on him. He took a quick glance at me, and I heard... a chuckle?

I looked at him again, checking if I heard it right. he chuckled.

As I looked at him again, he still had his head down. Maybe I heard wrong. I then turned around and straightened my posture as I looked straight at the stage in front where the council members were preparing the remaining decorations.

I heard footsteps getting closer, with laughter and pitched voices as they were talking with each other. It sounds like they're about four people.

I didn't want to turn around and meet his eyes when he's just around my back, so I just stayed in my seat. Then someone tapped my shoulder and called out my name.

"Kyrrha! We're here," Rosa said, almost shouting with her high-pitched voice.

Then beside her was Tia, and behind her were Eris and Jahri.

They sat beside me, and five of the seats in our row are now occupied. I was happy to see them, knowing I have people I know beside me.

We talked and laughed at each other.

The sound of the speaker echoed inside the gym. We knew that the program was about to start. Our attention was focused on the principal who was speaking in front. Talking about the program and all. It's getting boring, to be honest.

Hours have passed, and the program has finally ended.

"Why is the program so long, dude? It took 3 hours for it to end," Tia said as she crossed her arms.

"It's fine; at least we learned something about it, even though the principal mostly talked about his high school life during his time," I said to her as a small smile was seen on my face.

We all stood up and were trying to get out of the gym, as a lot of students were also leaving the gym. There were a lot of students pushing each other. We stayed behind first, letting them leave before us.

I then noticed the same person. The person I stared at for about 20 minutes. He was standing still, just a few feet away from where I was standing. I looked at his back; his friend was there, and it was Levi?!. So that guy...