Chapter 1

Chennai, Tamilnadu.

A middle class family is readily searching for a groom for their elder daughter Bondita who is just 21 years old and is aspiring to be a Lecturer in IIT Madras.

She is not ready to get married however her family is just compelling her to do so because of her Grandma's illness.

She told her family many times that she's not ready for the marriage but they are not in the situation to hear her.

On other hand, there is a man who is madly in love with her. Anirudh, youngest professor in City's medical College. There are many girls behind him but his eyes are only on Bondita.

He is in Love with her for the past few months since when he met her in his hospital where she admitted a stranger who was in a death bed. From then he used to follow her in all means of way but she is unaware of it. He never proposed her but he literally want to marry her.

On knowing that her family is in search of groom, he conveyed his interest on her to his family and asked them to visit Bondita's home.

As Anirudh is youngest of their family, his parents accepted his love and to bridal visit Bondita.

On a fine morning, Bondita is asked to take leave from her classes as Anirudh's family is going to her visit. Enraged and disrupted by her family's compulsion on marriage she decided to convey her unwillingness in her family.

But it was too late, Anirudh's family arrived there and the formalities of bridal visit started.

Disappointed Bondita got decked up and showed herself to them. Anyways, whether Anirudh's family likes her or not they are going to say yes for her because it's Anirudh's wish.

They told Bondita's family to wait for their answer and left. Bondita prayed hard that they should not accept her but misfortune, they called back and accepted her.

Bondita's family also didn't hesitated because it seems like a good opportunity to get her married.

Days went, Bondita's grandma fell ill severely making her marriage to happen pretty sooner than the marked date.

March 19.

Anirudh is sitting on the mandap with a huge excitement. As of now he is the only person in the earth to be at the peak of happiness. Mandap is filled with joyous. Children running here and there. Pandal is decorated in a very royal manner.

Anirudh's guests have already arrived. They are doctors from various parts of City. And there were both side relations too.

But just opposite to the scenario happening there, Bondita's face is as dull as fallen flower from the tree.

She is decked up in Red Saree, hair braided in one pleat wearing all the ornaments that she owns from her paternal side. Everything is bright around her except her face.

Anirudh doesn't know what's happening with her as she didn't even share it to him. All he thinks is that she also likes him.

Time came, women brought Bondita outside the room.

Anirudh smiled on looking at her. Its like dreams are coming true for him. He even fasted once in a week for her praying that anyhow this universe should make her as his wife since then he started to love her.

They made Bondita to sit next to Anirudh. And what's next?

It is a typical Tamil Nadu style wedding. He tied knot around her neck. He is happy to the moon but she isn't. Tears sheds from one side of her eyes. But everyone thinks that it's a tear of joy.

Wedding is over as written in heaven.

At night.

Anirudh is waiting in his room for his queen's arrival. Ladies sent Bondita inside.

He couldn't take his eyes off her. She is just beautiful as heavenly angel decked up in Tamil Nadu style ethnic wear.

That dimmed light, gentle breeze from the window, moon light that grazes in without their permission, her round face with a small bindi on her fore head, kumkum on her hairline, one pleated long hair with Jasmine flowers around it, Red Saree along with golden border matched with golden-green embroided blouse just makes her looks like a goddess to his sight.

Not only her, that night made Anirudh too to look like a homely man in that dhoti and half white silk shirt.

For the first time he is blushing like something. But she is just looking at the floor by standing infront of him.

Anirudh's blush vanished soon after seeing her tears falling on the ground.

He is just clueless. She starts to cry more.

"Bondita", he called her gently.

She just keeps on sobbing. He rose up from the bed and went near her but she stepped back.

Anirudh: Are... Are you okay?

Bondita lifts her face and looks at him. We can say it is the first time that she is looking at him clearly. This was a compelled marriage to her so she didn't had that much contact with Anirudh before wedding.

Anirudh: What happened?

Bondita nods no.

Anirudh: It's okay, you can share anything to me.

Bondita: But I won't share anything to you or with you.

Anirudh is just shattered on hearing those words from her.

Bondita: You men never understands a girl's feelings. All you want is to make her submissive to you by all the means you want. You never care her emotions. You get whatever you want from a woman.

She shouts at him.

Anirudh is just clueless and also shocked.

Bondita: Even Though you knew about my unwillingness you didn't hesitated to marry me.

Anirudh: Whaat??! Unwillingness?!

Bondita: Don't act like you don't know anything. My dad told me that you knew everything about this compelled marriage. I thought you will stop this marriage after knowing my unwillingness but you proceeded. I even knew you loved me but you never cared about my feelings.

Anirudh: What are you speaking? No one told me anything.

Bondita: Don't lie. My dad told me that you knew it before. But just because you love me you didn't want to lose me. You married me only because you wanted me. You are no different from other men.

Anirudh: Bondita...

Bondita: Don't speak. You will never have the rights to call me by my name. All you wanted is me. You never worried about my feelings. You just wanted me, you just wanted me to be near you, you just wanted me to be in your bed. I'll give you whatever you want, but never ever I'll acknowledge you as my husband. You wanted me right? Now I am here, You married me just for this right? Take it... Go and tell everyone happily that we entered into marriage life. Especially tell to that old lady who is in death bed. Tell to my parents that their daughter entered into marriage life. Do whatever you want with me.

She removed her saree furiously and threw it on the ground.

Anirudh closed his eyes and turned aside. Bondita starts to cry. Anirudh then turned towards her and stepped forward.

Bondita stepped back with tears and leaned on the wall. Anirudh came very near to her, she closed her eyes and continues to cry heavily.

He took the saree from the ground and covered her, she opened her eyes and looks at him.

Anirudh: I don't know what you are speaking about. But all i can understand is you misunderstood me. You don't love me. You are here by your family's compulsion.

He looks into her eyes. She too looks at him.
He then walked out of the room without saying anything.

Bondita sat on the floor and sobs heavily. He too cries on thinking about her words in balcony.