The Outcast

Selene's pov

"Selene wake up or you're going to be late for school" My mom yelled  outside my bedroom door, disturbing my peaceful slumber.
"Selene are you up?" She asks once again this time knocking on the door.
"Yes mom" I groan rubbing my sleepy eyes.

I slept quite late last night because I was working on this science project for school and I only went to bed at four this morning and the project isn't yet completed. I will have to complete it when I get back from school.
I'm still feeling sleepy though and exhausted, I wish I could return back to my beauty sleep but I can't, I have a test today and it's important that I go.

I fling the covers off of me and wake up from the bed and walk straight into the bathroom.
After I'm done showering and brushing my teeth I slip on a pair of black skinny Jean and a white sweater.
I put on my pair of black converse and then brush my dark black hair into a ponytail, lastly I apply some lip gloss onto my chapped lips and put on my jacket.

I grab my backpack and make my way down to the kitchen.
The smell of bacon and eggs wafts through out the house causing my stomach to growl loudly.

Morning mom. I greet as I draw out a chair and sit at the table.
Goodmorning to you too sweetheart. She greets cheerfully.
I made your favorite, chocolate muffins. She says as she places them in front of me. I lick my lips and grab a muffin taking a huge bite of it. This tastes so damn good. I moaned as I took another bite. Mom chuckles at me.

So have you finished your project? She asks taking a sip of her coffee.
No, I haven't and I hardly had any sleep, I also have a test today which I haven't learnt for.
You know you could've asked me for help but then again you hate asking for help.
You know I don't like bothering you, I mean you also have so much on your hands and the last thing I wanna do is bother you with my homework.

Selene, when it comes to my kids I don't compromise. You guys always come first before anything else so if you need help with absolutely anything don't be afraid to ask me, okay? "Yes mom" if there's anything I need help with I'll come to you.

Great! Now eat your breakfast before it gets cold.
The sound of laughter erupts in the hallway, my siblings straddles into the kitchen.
"Goodmorning you two" Mom greets them as they both join us at the table.
Morning they both greet in unison.
"Oh and good morning to you looser" Tyler snickers.
I ignore him and continue eating my breakfast.

My siblings and I aren't that close in fact Tyler and Jessica never regards me as their younger sister.
Whenever mom isn't around they would torment me and sometimes pin the blame on me for their mistakes.

"Tyler! How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling your sister such awful names?"
"Oh come on mom" it's kinda fun although Selene doesn't mind me calling her names then why should you? Don't you Selene? Tyler smirked.

Yeah Tyler's right and anyway she is a looser and a pathetic waste of space! Jessica snarled as she shot me a glare.
"Stop it both of you!" Mom bellowed  startling me.
Apologize to her now and if you don't the two of you won't end up going to that fancy party this Saturday. She threatened.

Mom that's unfair! Tyler protested.
Why should we apologize when we're not wrong. Jessica added.
" Jessica I've had enough of that attitude of yours and if you and your brother don't start treating Selene like family I will punish you both and I'm sure you know how"! Mom warned, glaring at the two of them.

"You can't do this to us"!
we're going to tell dad. Jessica threatened.
"Go ahead tell your father I don't really care what he's going to say or do"!

"You know what I've just lost my appetite" Jessica said getting up from the table. "Come on Tyler let's go"
I hope you're happy! Tyler hissed as he woke up from his seat and followed Jessica.

"Don't worry about them, they're just mad that they won't be attending the party" mom said as she stared at the retreating figures of my siblings.

"I don't think you should punish them because of me" I mean they were waiting like forever to attend this party and now they won't be going cause of me.

"No Selene" They need to learn to respect you and treat you as their younger sister.
But mom. No I will not hear another word Selene. She cut me off.
I sigh. Okay. I mumble.
I think I should get going or else I'll be late for school.

Alright I hope you have a nice day and I wish you all the best on your test.
Thanks mom. I said as I gave her a peck on her cheek and left for school.

I've finally reached school just in time although my legs really do hurt because of all the running. I think it's time I bought myself a car.
I've been saving up some money for a while now when I used to work at the diner.

My mom has no idea that I've been working whilst I was living with my aunt Clair.
At the age of ten I was sent to the city to live with my mom's older sister Clair and her family.
My parents had to move from place to place almost every year and they decided to send me to live in Chicago
whilst Jessica and Tyler lived with them.

At first I thought that staying with Clair was going to be really difficult but I was surprised. Clair and her family welcomed me with open arms into their home. I felt much more comfortable and contented around  them than with my own family where I feel like I'm a total Outcast here.

I prefer going back there but my mom wouldn't let me. One day out of nowhere my mom showed up at Claire's place. The two of them had been fighting about something and my mom forcefully brought me along with her.
She warned me to no longer have any sort of contact with Clair or her family and right till this very day I still have no clue why they fought nor have I spoken to Clair.