i.

THE SCAM !

THE SCAM !

IT WAS THE DAY of the annual extermination. You
were an angel residing in the comfort of heaven, you lived life sinless (mostly) and with as much kindness as you could muster (barely), and so after your untimely death you were sent straight up the stairs and through the pearly gates into the firm and unrelenting grasp of Lute, the girls job was to straighten you out, however you would say she treated you more like a glorified servant and pet, she called it 'friendship' you'd class it more as 'kidnapping.' Pretty obvious she lacked any other friend apart from you and well...Adam.

Your current predicament involved those two.

"HEY (NICKNAME)! HOW'S MY FAVOURITE GIRL DOING?"

"Hi Adam." You deadpanned, still trying to win scrabble with Lute, it was a game that she forced you to play every single day as part of Heaven's educational course, the main goal was supposed to be teaching you new vocabulary and skills that may have been altered during death. Lute didn't care, she just liked winning and so she picked a stupid un winnable game in the name of education. You were almost 100% convinced that Lute was cheating, there was no possible way that she had all the letters to somehow spell 'Hippopotamus' She was most definitely taking letters out of the bag.

Adam groaned at your dry response. "Lute.. what the fuck is your obsession with this weird virgin letter game." He looked at your remaining letters and then let out a hoarse laugh, "you can spell cock with those!" You bit back a smile and Lute finally concluded the game. "Sir!" her enthusiasm didn't go unnoticed by the first man who just laughed in response.

He quickly changed his attention back to you. "So! (nickname).. how would you like to visit Hell with us?" Lute's large eyes widened for a split second and she threw her hands onto the table. "SIR, WHAT?" Lute felt a thin layer of sweat form on the palm of her hands. "How 'bout it, me...you, slayin some fucking demon scum!" He ignored her protests and sat down. "S-SIR, it can't possibly be safe!" Lute got worried like that quite often, especially when she wasn't with you.

You honestly had no desire to visit Hell what so ever, every Angel had heard the stories — the villainous beings that resided down the firey depths, nobody wanted to cross the road and see Jeffrey Dahmer or Hitler. But another part of you also knew not to deny Adam, he always got what he wanted. One way or another.

"I uh- I don't know Adam...me and Lute were planning on watching (movie) tonight."  You missed the way Lute's eyes lit up at your words, she screamed HURRAY internally. Adam snarled and got closer to you, unbearably close. Your thighs touched. "Listen here princess, you see this bitch!" he pointed to an unsuspecting Lute, "every goddam day! but me..." You felt his warm breath on your cheek "I never get to see you... just do this, for me?"

You couldn't help the way that guilt manifested in your gut, of course you knew what he was doing - but that didn't mean it wasn't working.

"I don't want to kill anyone.." you mumbled under your breath, he heard and snickered. "You don't need to, me n' Lute will do all the work for you, you don't need to lift a finger." Lute shook her head angrily behind your back.
With a hesitant nod you sealed your fate.

You were cornered by at least four demons of varying sizes, your angelic spear broken in half and mask torn on one side revealing your watering eyes and trembling lip 'Don't cry don't cry!' you cringed internally at the sight of their grins and wished for Adam or Lute to save you, as embarrassed as the thought made you.

You hadn't expected demons to fight back and neither had any other angels, many of them flying off and abandoning the carnage of the battlefield as soon as the other side whipped out Carmine guns. You had broken your white angel wings as soon as you arrived in Hell, you hadn't been down before and the shock of the large fall had given you no reaction time to start flying once concrete was in sight.

You had landed on them with a sickening crunch. The screams that you slipped out had attracted a few very angry demons who didn't appreciate the extermination nor the angels who carried it out yearly. And that's how you ended up in your position. Cornered with no weapon, well, half of one and pretty useless wings. Your halo highlighted your disgraced figure like a picture frame.

"Sooooo little angel, not so scary anymore huh?" the first demon purred, his ginger cat ears swaying in the cold wind and claws still covered in your golden ichor. He dangled your mask (half of it) in front of you and a haunting harmony of laughs joined him. Another one joined the conversation — a woman's voice this time, "mmmmm she's pretty, imagine how much money we'd get for skinnin that face and selling it." You gulped down your vomit and felt wet tears already slip down your cheeks some even getting inside your mouth, 'please Adam, anyone help me' but you knew that no-one could see you from where you were shrouded in darkness.

You tried to act tough, hoping that your strong front would scare them off - a laughable thought, "You- you wont do anything cunt. There's more of us tha-"

You couldn't finish as another one of the alleyway demons chimed. "More of you than us! haha, that's a funny fuckin joke. Your here to fix overpopulation so there ain't no way there's more of your kind than us. And anyway....it's only you here. I don't see no one else, dya' guys?" all other demons shook their heads, sickeningly grinning.

You looked around the alleyway desperately looking for any possible escape, any opening that would give you an advantage to get away from your attackers. You flexed your wings — agonising, but the only option you had. You pointed a finger at a random wall, "IS THAT A GROUP OF UNARMED ANGELS" they all looked except for the ginger cat and so you jumped, wings (one wing snapped at an unmeasurable angle) helplessly flapping desperately as they pushed you further and further into the air despite the teeth-gritting pain that each flap brought.

You looked around at the wreckage below you. Demons burning alive, spears flying into the air, screams, screams, more screams, angels laughing, demons crying, crimson splatters, golden splatters, and- A... HOTEL??

The hazbin hotel. You didn't know that demons had hotels and you didn't exactly relish in the idea of checking in, but you knew that it was the only option you really had (it was that or death- again) and so you slowly and delicately flew towards the unattractive building, making sure to use your broken right wing scarcely until it was safe to start travelling on foot. Even when the wings weren't flying they still hurt and so you trudged onwards to the hotel seething in pain.

Your weak and unprepared body lost the battle with pain and you fell to your knees sobbing. You could hear loud footsteps but could not bother to move your head to greet the newcomer.

"My my, look what the cat dragged in." A radio-filtered voice filled the crevices of your ears, the pain was getting bad enough for black to fill your vision. "There there, i'll get you inside" a pair of glove clad hands picked you up, and the world went

dark.