0.

limerence is under editing so a lot will be changing, this is the new backstory i wanted to give the reader & how they met some characters. this will replace the drowning backstory as i didn't like it.

TO LIVE IS TO DIE !in which a new soul enters heaven

TO LIVE IS TO DIE !
in which a new soul enters heaven

YOU ARE ALL bloody-kneed and bruised, fragile human body not equipped to survive the weight of a heavy brick, let alone a car. Like a piece of glass you felt your soft ivory bones smash into pieces as soon as the metal made contact, shards of cartilage and gooey matter leaving behind a trail on the warm tarmac as you crawled to safety. The hands of your watch read 08:55 is what you would have known if the glass wasn't so cracked — a birthday gift it was, and if your mother could not find anything to mock about your death, at least she could complain that you broke her watch.

The young boy you pushed out of the way was long gone, his body heaving and his legs scrambling the moment he heard that yelp come from your mouth and the screech of the metal monster in an attempt to halt. He wanted to help but he found that it was easier to pretend he wasn't there. He could still feel the warmth of your fingertips on his back, the indents of your nails as you scraped his flesh in your succession to move him. It would take awhile to forget that feeling.

You couldn't crawl anymore, using the last bit of your strength to lay onto your back and look up at the sun, you didn't squint nor close your eyes as the heat burnt into your sclera, black dancing across your vision. Once your mother would've told you "don't stare at the sun you'll go blind!" and it was nice to finally gaze at the star with no qualms, the dead don't need their eyesight after all.

Each painful breath in and out had your lungs convulsing in agony, like a deflating balloon they shook and wheezed struggling to accommodate the oxygen you so desperately craved. You felt pitiful, you were pitiful, a piece of roadkill melting into the sidewalk, a big pile of broken bones and red guts. As you let out your last gasping breath you wanted to laugh. 'The car didn't even stop' The sun went black.

"( YOUR NAME ) ( LAST NAME) ?" your body stirred awake at the loud shout of your full name, eyes slitting open to reveal a white ceiling overhead — reminiscent of a psych ward of sorts. "Oh hi, down here.." you murmured, lifting up your body into a sitting position. "Hmmm, yes, i see that." The voice was neither masculine nor feminine, it was just a sound and it seemingly came from every direction of the room.

"Anyways..." the voice drawled, "we are here to discuss your fate in the afterlife.." you raised a brow, "the afterlife?" "is there a parrot in here? yes. The afterlife... Heaven or Hell?" "oh"

"Your records tell me that you've lived a pretty mundane life... with the exception of your shoplifting habit...yikes who needs to steal a pack of straws, got nothing better to do?" You rubbed your hand along your neck awkwardly and forced a grin. 'Straws aren't cheap voice!' "Oh, you also tried to steal your neighbours pet cat..." 'Hey! Ginger cats are the cutest.' "But I do suppose you have a good heart underneath those sticky fingers. Dying to save someone else is an honourable death."

For a moment you had forgot you were dead, not just insane. "Thanks.." you bit back a smile, being praised by voice was better than being called a parrot. If voice had eyes they would have rolled them. "Well, I guess i'll send you to Heaven"

Internally, you cheered.

"....BUT.. you'll be staying under supervision for awhile to make sure that you don't steal anything... I suppose that Lute will fix you into shape."

'Who the hell is Lute??'

With a click, you were gone.