chapter thirteen

In lieu of this mornings events, I found myself in the library alone for senior option

In lieu of this mornings events, I found myself in the library alone for senior option. I was reading ahead in my AP Gov textbook in an effort to make 7:55 am with Mr. Westbrook livable for the rest of the week when the chair across from me slid out aggressively and a body plopped into it. I didn't even have to raise my head to know who it was.

"If you're looking for the tutor center it's down the hall, I've heard you have a problem with math." I said coldly, scribbling notes in my notebook.

Trevor spoke calmly and quietly to respect the other library patrons, "Ellie, I didn't mean it. I am so sorry."

I closed up my things and stood up, gathering my items and pulling my bag onto my shoulder before saying, "It's Elle." and briskly exiting toward the parking lot.

"Could you please stop? Or at least slow down!?" Trevor yelled out behind me.

"Mmm, pass." I said as I approached Mia's car, that she thankfully gave me the keys to.

"It would be a lot easier to apologize if you'd look at me, Beecher!" He exclaimed and I heard his pace quicken behind me before he finally got in my path to stop me. His hands held up in front of him to signal me to stop he pleaded, "Just, please."

"2 minutes." I said coldly.

"I don't know what I was thinking. I was an incredible ass, I just think I got my ego bruised and I was embarrassed. I was honestly just trying to hurt you and make you feel embarrassed I didn't mean a word. I am so so sorry Ellie." He said and I quirked my brow. "Elle! Elle." He corrected.

"So that's how you treat other girls?" I asked and he scrunched his face in confusion. "I mean, Jack said there's a million girls after you and if that's how you treat me when we're supposedly friends then how do you treat these girls who apparently fawn over you?"

"Time out." Trevor waved his hands and began to smile. "You're mad that I talk to other girls?"

"Unbelievable." I said and went around him.

"No, Elle wait!" He called as I got in the car and he knocked on my window. "Let me in!"

"Get away from the car before I run over your toes, Zegras!" I said as I started it.

Once sure he was out of harms way, I drove myself to Starbucks to treat myself to a chocolate croissant before heading back to school and going through the rest of my day. Gym was a bore, as usual, and I found myself sitting in French with Danny. Quizzing each other on conjugations.

"You can tell me to shut up, but are you and Trevor okay?" Danny asked me.

"Danny, I don't wanna tell you to shut up." I looked at him.

"Fair enough." He said. "I just wanna add one thing, Trevor is a moron when it comes to girls but he is an amazing friend."

I looked up from my worksheet to meet his eyes and said nothing.