Chapter 57 - Doll

"Spread?" Lisa repeats, her voice climbing at least two octaves. "Spread what?"

Jennie does not falter in expression or countenance.

"You heard me. Must I repeat myself?"

Lisa shakes her head. Under Jennie's watchful eye, she parts her knees and instantly cringes at the result. The sodden dark spot beneath her spreads until she's sitting in a puddle of her own slick.

Though it takes her five times as long as it should to plant her feet at a further distance than shoulder-width apart, Jennie doesn't seem inclined to rush. She does not offer so much as a helpful hand on the knee or word of encouragement. Clearly, she's content to watch Lisa struggle with bright eyes and obvious amusement in the set of her mouth.

"Good?" Lisa whispers when she's unable to take the silence any longer.

Jennie's attention remains firmly below the waistline.

"Look at the mess you've made," she quietly responds.

Lisa's radiating enough heat off her cheeks to roast marshmallows.

"Sorry," she mumbles, unsure of what to say.

Jennie sends her a sharp look.

"Sorry? What are you apologizing for, Puppy?"

Lisa bites her lip, but eventually manages, 

"Made a mess, Jennie."

Jennie hums in agreement. "You're one messy pet, Lisa. Every place we call home for the rest of our lives will undoubtedly reek of vanilla once you're through with it."

She sounds as though she relishes the thought. Lisa's skin prickles under her gaze.

"Sorry you have to live in these conditions," Lisa mutters.

"On the contrary," Jennie replies in a voice altogether too wicked to be teasing, "It is a privilege. Where are your hands, Puppy?"

Lisa snatches her hands away from her stomach, though she hadn't been doing anything with them besides fidgeting. Her arms hover awkwardly in the air as she responds,

"Uh, up?"

Jennie raises an eyebrow. "Where should they be?"

After a moment of confusion, Lisa slaps her hands down on the bedspread.

"Not up," she answers.

Jennie's next exhale is just a hair off a sigh.

"What did I ask you to do, Lisa?"

Lisa's face flushes again. "To spread myself," she mumbles.

Jennie stares at her like she's missing something very obvious.

"O-Oh," Lisa squeaks. "You want me to—with my fingers?"

Jennie's mouth pulls up into a smile that is not at all sympathetic.

Lisa pats the bedspread twice before finding the inner constitution to bite the bullet and do as told. Her eyes squeeze shut as she reaches down between her thighs, unable to bear meeting Jennie's gaze as she spreads herself open with unsteady fingers.

The sudden rush of cool air where previously there was none might as well be the room laughing at poor, soaked Lisa. Look how wet she is for no real reason at all. It's pathetic.

"What are you thinking?"

Lisa opens her eyes with a gasp, lost as to why she's shaking when Jennie hasn't even touched her yet.