Chapter 5

"Thank you for letting me stay," I express my gratitude.

"It's a fair deal, no need to thank me," He says.

"It's late, head to sleep and we can start tomorrow," He tells me.

"Mm, okay, goodnight," I reply.

He closes the door of the room and leaves, his room seemed to be across mine. The feel of the bed was way more comfortable than that of the rust old bed in the basement.

I know this lie will probably catch up to me soon but ain't no way I'm letting myself get kicked out and later be found laying in a ditch or even worse dead. I don't know this place it's too risky. Also, there must be a reason I saw him first when I entered this world, he is also in the diary that can't be a coincidence.

Instead of sleeping I decided to continue reading the diary, picking up where I left off.

Jan 12:
Min-ho is his name. Apparently him and I are engaged. We are both detectives, partners infact. He is from a Chaebol family as well, something about arranged marriages.

"The truth of the matter is, we got along but both don't have any romantic feelings for each other," He says.

Jan 13:
I had a vivid dream about how I got here. Some celestial being or what not said it was punishment for having commited a grave sin. "You are to be punished for this sin by living the lives of miserable people, who will suffer an excruciating death, the only way to break this cycle is to redeem yourself," those words a bound to echo in my head for an eternity.

Is that really what happened? How do I even redeem my self? Was it just a dream or a reenactment of what happened in the gap of the one day? Is that why I remember living completely different life?

All those questions ran through my head.

[Back to Hae-in 2001...]

Although I hate to miss out on a good entry I was really sleepy, I haven't eaten in a while, still reminiscing about the left over pizza I had in the fridge.

I wonder how Min-ji is doing, right now she probably hasn't noticed I'm missing, for the mean time I'm not worrying anyone since I have no family.

I dosed off and woke up incredibly early in the morning wanted to go wash my face, I had a lot to figure out today. I headed to the the bathroom which was right side Min-ho's bedroom. I opened it to hear "Want to join me?" Min-ho smirked. He was half naked only in a bath towel from the torso down. He was built fairly well.

"Learn how to lock the door!" I shout.
"Learn how to knock first," I could hear him chuckle. "What kind of sociopath showers at 2am," I mumble.

I decide to raid this guy's fridge cause I was hungry, I could remember the pepperoni pizza just laying in the fridge. He barely had anything in the fridge. I decide to make some banana foster Belgian waffles since there were no other fruits.

I had finished making the bunch, when Min-ho walked in with just a towel, was he tryna entice me or something.

"Who eats at 2am?" He made a face. "You bath at this time, and this is where you draw the line?" I scoff.
"I made some for you t-," I was interrupted by a dizzy feeling and blurring of my eyes. "Hae-in! Hae-in can you hea-," The sound of his voice faded and I started hearing another one and seeing what I can only think of as a vision.

"Hae-in, you committed suicide, taking your life away, throwing it away. Do you know why this is a sin?" A being said to me.