12 Play About Us

| April 20th, 1993 |
Natasha Jackson's POV

"Michael, I want a divorce," I told Michael and his face fell. He stared at me with his eyes squinted and his lips parted slightly. I could tell he was trying not to cry.

We had been sitting in the Neverland living room in silence. We hadn't done much talking since I caught him and Lisa together. It was either short, angry exchanges or silence. Both were unusual for us.

"That's not fair. You said we'd work this out, 'Tasha. You told me-"

"I know what I told you, Michael, and I'm telling you that I changed my mind," I looked directly into his eyes, hoping the eye contact would tell him that I meant what I said. That my decision was final.

"It was just a kiss, 'Tasha." And a handjob. "Lisa and I are only friends. You know I'd never let it happen again, baby. I wouldn't break your trust that way."

"But you already have! And I thought I could forgive you. I thought- no, hoped I could live with it because I love you. I love you so much, Michael! And I'm sure you still love me, but a part of love is respect and you've clearly lost that respect."

Michael stepped toward me, delicately holding and caressing my hand. "Now, that's not true. I do respect you, Natasha. I respect and I love you. I always have and I always will. I just-"

"You what?"

"I made a terrible mistake, and all I can tell you is that I won't allow it to happen again and hope you'll trust in me."

I took my hand out of his. Trust in him? You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

"How am I supposed to trust in you when you're fucking cheating on me?! We have a son together, Michael," I yelled at him.

"Calm down, Natasha. You'll wake Miles." He warned. Miles was asleep in his living room bassinet. I could feel my blood begin to boil in my veins.

"So now you care about Miles?" I whisper yelled. "Where was this concern for your family when you let another woman give you a handie?"

"For the love of God, Natasha. I didn't even finish!" Michael threw up his hands in frustration. He usually did this when he felt like he was being backed into a corner.

"You didn't finish?" I laughed sardonically. Absolutely no way he's serious. "Michael didn't cum, so that means he never cheated. You sound so stupid right now."

"I'm sorry, okay? I wish I could go back and undo it, but I can't. I just want to move forward with you and only you. You're everything to me! Tell me what I can do to make this right, baby, and I'll do it. I'd do anything, you know I would. Please." Michael pleaded tearfully. His hands lifted slowly to hold mine, but I pulled them away. A tear rolled down his cheek when I did this.

"I want you to make this process easy, Michael."

"Natasha, please." He whispered. I shut my eyes. I couldn't look at him in this state.

"Michael, do you understand how belittling and humiliating this is? That I wasn't enough for you?"

I saw Michael part his lips to speak, but I didn't give him that opportunity. I was tired of all the explanations and excuses. It was time to tell him how I feel.