Chapter 4

[TW
GORE
CHARACTER DEATH
PTSD
FLASHBACKS
BABY DEATH
GUNS
SELF-HARM(?)

Kingsley felt a soft pressure against his shoulders and upper back. At first, his groggy mind thought he had slept in his binder. But then he was reminded that Jones had made him take it off before they fell back asleep. Haziness turned to confusion as he looked over behind him and was made aware of an arm wrapped around him, a large hand pressed gently against his back. He turned to face forward, surprised, and was met with a bare tanned chest.

While they slept, Jones had somehow managed to lose his shirt and Kingsley had managed to move and rest his head against the older male’s chest, trapping himself between his surprisingly muscular arms. Red-faced and shocked, Kingsley looked up at Jones who was still peacefully sleeping. Bags, that Kingsley had noticed the day before, had faded from under Jones’ eyes and the smaller boy had to shake his attention away from that fact.

Slowly, Kingsley began to move down, trying to escape Jones’ grasp without waking him up. He was halfway out when the larger boy groaned, his fingers finding Kingsley’s back again and gripping against his shirt. Kingsley had to keep himself from gasping lightly at the contact, his shirt moving up slightly to expose his lower stomach. He groaned, looking over Jones’ arms and torso for a possible escape route, but found his gaze stuck against his toned chest.

Kingsley didn’t expect his surprise companion to be so muscular and… well, hot. Kingsley’s face scrunched up, not being able to tell if his own thoughts were making him uncomfortable or not. His lower stomach ached, a cramp suddenly making itself known. The smaller boy groaned and gripped at the hem of his shirt, his eyes squeezing shut as his breathing became slightly shallow. Silently, he cursed his own, betraying body before looking back toward Jones, who’s eyes began to flutter open.

The larger male groaned quietly, his morning voice beginning to peek out from the bottom of his throat as he moved the hand gripping Kingsley’s shirt up to rub his eyes. Once he was fully awake, he looked down at Kingsley’s deep red face and smiled softly.

“Morning, majesty,” He teased, his voice much deeper and more gruff than usual.

God damn,’ Kingsley thought and had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep himself from saying his thoughts out loud.

“Morning,” Kingsley grumbled back as he sat up from next to the older boy.

“What happened to your shirt?” His tone came out more aggressive than he’d meant to, but Jones didn’t bat an eye.

“Oops, haha! I must have taken it off in my sleep,” Jones said, flushing slightly as he sat up next to Kingsley, sliding his legs over the side of the bed to give Kingsley room to leave, though the smaller male didn’t move.

Kingsley felt more heat rise to his cheeks as realized a few minutes had gone by and he was still staring at Jones’ chest.

“I- uh- have to go- to the- the bathroom!” Kingsley said loudly, threw the blankets off himself, and scrambled out of the bed and grabbed his backpack, slamming the door to the bedroom behind him.

Jones heard the shower in the bathroom turn on and stood from the bed, scratching at his wrist a bit as a nervous fidget. It took him a moment to process Kingsley’s sudden outburst and once he had, he gave a small chuckle. He looked towards where Kingsley had sat and stared at him, making him tilt his head and smirk. Kingsley stared at him unusually long… It was so adorable to Jones.

With another soft laugh, Jones stood from the bed and leaned into the closet to grab another long-sleeved shirt and jacket before throwing his coat over top of both clothing items. Looking out the window, he saw they’d slept in for a while- it looked to be around eight to 8:15. With some glances at his map and a bit of mental math, he determined they’d be able to get to the closest civilization within about three hours total there and back, so they’d be back home around 11:30 at the latest. That gave them an extra handful of hours to collect their bearings and head to a second stop.