Chapter 01 | Pilot

High school parties, to simply put it, were crazy. Something was always bound to happen and the rumours were close to follow. And this one wasn't an exception, unfortunately.

While they were aware of the several noise complaints they already received, nobody bothered to turn down the music that was booming through the house, drunk teenagers dancing in every corner. Noah „Puck" Puckerman was infamous for his rowdy parties, but even he had to admit that this one took it a bit too far. There was spilled beer everywhere and the air stung of sweat and weed. He already dreaded the mess he would have to clean up.

Needing some fresh air, Liam stumbled through the thongs of dancing people, pushing them out of his way. Some hockey player tried to get burly with him but was dragged away by his friends, who weren't in the mood to get in a fight with the school's golden boy.

After bumping into some of his friends, he finally reached the back door leading up to the porch. He almost turned back when he registered voices coming from the outside, not wanting to witness another obnoxious make-out session, but when he recognized the sweet melody, he ventured further, his tipsy haze numbing his logical thinking.

„What do you mean you won't be back until later? Finn, I came here because of you!" the blonde had her back turned to him, leaning on the railing as she huffed in frustration, her brow surely pulled into a frown, „No, I don't care what Puckerman says. You should be here with me."

Liam stepped next to her, copying her position as he nursed the cold beer he had in his hands. She just glanced at him in acknowledgement before rolling her forest green eyes at the excuse Finn gave her. She groaned, running her fingers through her shoulder-length hair, making the boy next to her chuckle in amusement at her dramatics. She shot him a glare, even though a small smile formed at the corners of her lips.

„Okay, fine. Enjoy egging some stupid kid's house, because that's all the action you'll be getting the whole week," then she hung up, cutting off the stuttering that came from the phone with a sigh, „I don't know how you live with him."

„It's not always easy, but you get used to it," Liam sent her a lopsided smile, nodding toward the thundering celebration that showed no signs of slowing down, „Life of a party animal is not one for you?"

She let out a dry laugh, finally turning her full attention to him. Liam's emerald eyes roamed her figure, taking in every detail, every curve. At school, she always seemed so tense, so hell-bent on always emanating an air of authority, but here, out of her Cheerios uniform, she looked almost free. She even let her hair down, the blonde waves brushing the tops of her collarbones, the scent of her strawberry shampoo washing over the boy at their close proximity.

„I came here because Finn begged me to, said it would be fun," she looked away from him, choosing to inspect her fingernails instead, no matter that the red polish was flawless as always, „Should have known better than to trust someone like him."

„The Quinn Fabray admitting a mistake out loud. Now that's something to drink to," Liam raised his beer teasingly, taking a gulp of it and pouting when he realised that it was empty.

Quinn let out a genuine giggle at his slightly slurred words and inspected his face. His usually combed hair was slightly mussed, a few loose strands falling into his eyes which were a little glassy and unfocused. As she stared into them longer, she noticed the golden specs in them that shined under the porch light as well as the slight freckles on the top of his nose. Without realising it she leaned closer, her cherry lips parting slightly as her gaze never left his. Maybe it was the alcohol coursing through her veins or something she didn't dare to untangle, but her heart may have jumped a little when his hot breath tickled her cheeks.