Chapter 5 - ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ

Mirai
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mirai_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Vol

Vol. 7, Chapter 58

Time: 10:35am, December 24, 2063
At Kurai HQ, rain pouring down in a symphony of melancholy

Shiloh's stern words hung in the air, and Mirai, drenched from the rain, couldn't escape the weight of her past.

Shiloh: Don't forget that you are just adopted Raily Nouzen.

Mirai: Don't-

*Shiloh cut her off, a voice as cold as the rain*
Shiloh: Don't forget that the calamity started because of you... and you keep making it worse.

Mirai: Look who's talking...

As the tension thickened, the rhythmic sound of footsteps approached. Mirai strained to hear through the raindrops, and soon Natasha Hanashiro emerged from the shadows.
Natasha: That is enough of you Mirai...
Mirai: You...
*Mirai can't believe that Natasha is here*
Natasha: It's been a while, how has it been?

Shiloh, who seemed corporeal until now, suddenly vanished into thin air, leaving Mirai bewildered.
*Shiloh suddenly disappeared*

Mirai: What? he's just a hologram?...
Natasha: He's just a hologram this entire time...

Mirai couldn't shake the feeling of being exposed, vulnerable under Natasha's scrutiny.
Mirai: Let me guess, you're gonna fight me? You know that I destroyed Shiloh's trash.
Natasha: I've been waiting for this! and also, I'm no trash... so brace yourself...

Natasha got down and suddenly approached Mirai. Natasha pointed her gun at Mirai's head.
Mirai: She's fast...
Natasha: look, just give up already... don't make things worse.

Mirai tried to push Natasha, but she noticed that she was the one who got pushed.

Mirai: What the hell is going on?...