Love

"They say Queen Adella was his North Star, that she guided King Aemon through the darkest parts of his wretched"life"—Queen Cersei Lannister

111Ac

The clear amber sky blanketed the world as the waves swallowed the sun. The city was bustling with noise as children, women, and men sang a merry tune. The brothels were full and the tables were fuller as everyone was celebrating and feasting.

It was a delightful day; no one was unhappy in Lannisport as the young daughter of Lord Lannister was celebrating her 13th name day, so a large celebration was taking place. Lords and ladies from all over the realm were attending: the Baratheons from Storms End, the Tullys from Riverrun, the Tyrells from Highgarden, the Hightowers from Hightower, the Rains from Castamere, and the Arryns of the Eyrie. Truly, most of the prominent houses apart from those of the north were in attendance, and most of the royal family was also in attendance, all except the hire to the iron throne and the rogue prince who was still in the stepstones.

The King The Queen and the four youngest members of the Targaryen house were at Casterly Rock, the largest castle in the world, three times higher than the wall, two leagues (six miles) west to east, and two miles wide. It was truly a monstrosity, which illustrates the grandeur of the wealthiest house in the wealthiest region of Westeros, for every child knew of Lannister gold as they knew of the north's snow.

The young lady Adella had given free bread, wine, and meat to every person who lived in Lannisport, having it delivered to all houses as a gift so the small folk could celebrate with her, a truly generous action that had firmly rooted her into the hearts of every small folk.

Aemon pov

Sitting in one of the many yards of the gargantuan castle, I was thinking of the cost today's stunt had cost us. It had been Adella's idea to hand out a partial amount of food to all the small folk in Lannisport, and it had cost us around all of our profits from the last three months from our brothels.

The money was difficult at first to figure out; however, I managed to get an idea about it. Honestly, GRR made this more complicated than it needed to be, so we have high to low Golden Dragons. Silver Stags, Penny, and Half-penny 210 silver stags go into one Golden Dragon, 56 pennies go into one silver stag, and 112 half pennies go into one silver stag.

Analysing the price of bread, which is 1 and a half penny, I could equate it to one and a half penny equals around $1.20, so one penny is $0.80, so one golden dragon is around $9408, which is insane as Adella has dresses that cost over seven golden dragons, and Tywin loaning out around 3 million golden dragons makes the wealth even more insane.

How in the world did Robert get into 6 million golden dragons of debt? The hell was going on, but this entire currency system is confusing at best and downright absurd normally, but I digress. So a normal small folk makes around 6 to 9 silver stags a year, or around 504 pennies a year on the high end, and I have spent around 7,000 golden dragons feeding the 250,000 small folk that live in Lannisport, which is around three months of our total brothel earnings.

While contemplating my finances, a pat on my shoulder broke me from my thoughts. I shifted my head to see Robar and Emilia standing next to me. Emilia had her usual stoic and expressionless face on while Robar was grinning like a fool at me. "So has the name-day feast commenced?" Emilia gave a gentle nod.