10. Vijay

Such a lazy morning

Such a lazy morning. Firstly I don't like mornings and secondly my head is dizzy. The medicine Reena gave me didn't help me at all instead made me sleep like a maniac. I can't remember anything from the night. What happened? I tried hard to recall but I could just remember that I met her and that's it. The conversation seems blurry.

I checked on my phone to see if I received any message from Reena but there wasn't even a Good Morning message which was quite strange.

Reena always texted a Good Morning message while going to her college. I hope I didn't say something stupid last night that made her upset.

I decided to go to her college to have a talk to her. Thanks to Aadhya who taught me that whenever a girl was upset do not try to calm her through text or call, instead you carry a cheesecake and meet her. She says it works all the time.

I got freshed and hopped into clean, charming clothes. I bought the famous and delicious cheesecake from my area and reached her college.

I waited for more than 2 hours but she still didn't come out. Her lectures mostly got over by 11 a.m. and now it was 1 in the afternoon.

When I almost gave up and I was about to leave I saw one of her friend she had mentioned a lot of times.

"Heyy!" I shouted through my car window.

She came near and asked, "Yes?"

"You are Reena's friend?"

"Hmmm."

"Do you mind telling where is she?" I asked.

"She didn't come to college today." She said.

"Did she contact to you?" I asked hoping a positive response.

"No... I tried calling her multiple times but she didn't pick up."

"Thanks." I said with disappointment and forcing a smile on my face.

I reached home and tried contacting her again. I tried contacting Aadhya but she wouldn't pick up either. I contacted her Mom who said that she was out somewhere for her new project.

There was no way I could contact her that's when I let my intrusive thoughts win over. I drove my car and stopped in front her house. Her house looked occupied by some police officers and her aunt crying. I knew something was wrong. I needed to know what's going on.

Hopefully I was in very casual clothes so I pretended to be passer by. I heard some officers talking.

"When did you see her last time?" An officer asked.

"We had dinner together." Her aunt replied sobbing.

"I need her friends comtact and also I need to talk to her brother."