one

Koda Pov

I was woken up by my brother Embry slapping my forehead "Yo' bitch time to get up!" he shouts from just above me as I let out a groan "Fuck man, its five AM, shut up!" I reply just as loud. Embry and I were scolded by my dad who was passing by my room to head downstairs, for not only shouting but our foul language as well. "Sorry daddy" I reply, to which my brother mocks me. I threw a pillow at his face getting out of bed to pee, before Em took a shower. I walk over to my closet to grab something to wear while waiting for my turn, I settle on a pair of baggy gray sweatpants, that i'm not sure belong to me or my best friend Seth, A red cropped long sleeved sweater shirt, and of course grabbed fresh underwear and a pair of mismatched ankle socks one red one gray. I lay my choice on my bed and make my way downstairs to the kitchen where my dad is finishing making breakfast. "Your monster is on the table already." he comments, seeing me scanning the fridge. "oh! thank you." I need caffeine to get me going in the mornings but coffee tends to make me sick, so I drink energy drinks instead, Monday is Monster day. Em comes into the kitchen just as my dad puts our plates consisting of a Bagel sandwich and orange slices on the table. Each of our sandwiches consists of Bacon, Egg and cream cheese of course on a bagel. Em and I took a big bite of our sandwich at the same time and immediately swapped, Em had a mouthful of runny yolk and I had a solid yolk making us both gag. "Did it again I see" our mom laughs at us entering the kitchen to which my dad sighs "i'm sorry, I tried." Dad is still new to making us breakfast. It's usually mom but mom has been working late and sleeps in for a little longer. We scarf down the rest quickly, seeing just how much time has gone by. It's already six thirty and I still need to shower and get dressed, we both need to brush our teeth and I need to do my hair and makeup, our ride will be here at seven.

Getting out of the shower I get dressed, brush my teeth then my hair, pulling it into a double braided bun, letting little strands frame my face I apply mascara first then my concealer and liquid foundation, I give myself a catlike eyeliner, then use my setting powder and blush and lastly, I just put on a chapstick so my lips won't dry out. I fixed the hair that got put out of place and I went back to my closet to get my shoes. My phone rings and it's Paul letting me know he's outside. No doubt Embry is already outside trying to steal my spot. So I make my way downstairs, kissing my mom and dad both on the cheek and slipping on my shoes as I head outside slightly hopping, still trying to slip on my left shoe. I hear Paul chuckle when he sees me still pulling my shoes on trying to walk. Sure enough, Embry is trying to convince Paul to let him sit up front with him and Jared, but Paul's not having it. I approach the truck and smack him upside the head. "Get in the back Dumbass, we're gonna be late." he pouts slightly but gets in the back as Jared gets out of the passenger seat to let me in. Paul is finally pulling the center console up to reveal the middle seat. "Good morning boys." I greet them climbing in once I'm close enough to him I kiss Paul's cheek, and thank Jared for the boost as he gets in next to me "Morning Koda" Jared says as Paul replies "good morning beautiful." Embry grabs the breakfast my dad told him to bring for the boys from his bag "Dad made y'all breakfast" he says handing it to them. "Oh hell yeah!" Jared beams, taking one and stuffing half of it in his mouth at once, making the rest of us cringe and laugh. Some things you should probably know Embry and I are only half siblings, we share a mom, she won't tell us who Embry's father is but he doesn't mind, i'm the one who's curious, My dad has been there for Embry and my mom since before I was born they got married when I was three. Paul and I aren't dating... but he wants to be, also Paul, Jared, and Embry are Wolf shifters and Paul did this thing called Imprinting, So he believes we're soulmates, I like him a lot too, but I'm only fourteen, he's sixteen. We have a long time to live life if it's meant to be, it'll happen. We live on the Reservation outside off Forks Washington, it's Called La Push. oh and one more thing instead of turning into a wolf my dad turns into a big bear, We're not sure why, or how.

When we pull into the parking lot people are already starting to stare our way. People think my brother and his friends are in some sort of "cult" i'm not really a part of it because I hang out with other people but they think their trying to "Recruit" me. As we get out of the truck a group of three girls approach us pushing me away frim Paul
two of them blocking me so their friend can flirt with Paul. I roll my eyes and start to walk so i can try to find Seth "Koda" I hear Paul's disappointed voice seeing me not make an effort to get closer to him again, but I'm not in the mood to deal with Katie and her bitches I shoot him an apologetic look before I keep walking but he swerves around the three of them catching up with me putting his arm around my shoulders, they don't get the hint and follow us. Paul walks me to my locker while the girls whisper to each other not so quietly about not understanding why he always wanted to hang around the freshman "she's not even that pretty" Katie has had her eyes set on paul for a while and tells everyone to back off her man "honestly" her friend replies Paul obviously can hear them and turns to face the three of them and asks rather rudely "Do you mind if i talk to MY GIRLFRIEND?" two of the three of them walk off leaving Katie with us looking like she's waiting for him to speak. 'did she think he meant her?' I mean i'm not his girlfriend but I know he was talkin about me. He rolls his eyes and turns to me. "So babe" he makes sure I know he wants me to keep up the act and hopefully she'll go away she still stands there waiting for what comes next 'wtf' I look at him for him to continue "what are you free friday?" he asks "I am" she buts her nose in flashing him a smile ready to jump at the opportunity to let him know in case I say "no" sending a glare my way. I smile sweetly before replying "Of course I am Baby" he smiles "good because we're going on a date" he says and leans in kissing me gently "see you at lunch" he says walking away leaving me alone with Katie. I open my locker and start to grab my books and last nights homework so I can get to homeroom on time, Katie finally comes out of her shock of being straight up ignored and mutters "stupid bitch" before storming away. everyone is staring at me now including Seth and Embry. Embry doesn't say anything just sends me a questioning look before leaving in the same direction Paul went. Seth on the other hand "What the hell just happened?" is the first thing out of his mouth I roll my eyes "good morning sunshine, I'm doing well thanks for asking. how are you?" I say sarcastically as we walk to class together not answering his question. He just laughs and drops the subject... for now.

A\N:
so there's the first chapter I hope you enjoyed it! I don't 100% know where this book is going to take us but i'm hoping it will be one hell of an adventure
also her outfit is shown at the beginning I wanted her to just be kinda lazy but still cute and stylish.

Word count 1402