Chapter 1: A New Family

I just stared with disbelief at what I had just been told. I couldn't believe it, the Queen actually summoned me? I took a deep breath and regained my composure. Once I did, I cleared my throat and spoke up in as calm of a tone as I could manage.

"R-really? Are you serious? Why would the Queen want to see me? I'm just an orphan who's managed to claw my way up into the 5th circle." I said, flapping my silver blue wings in response. The IceWing guard nodded her head in confirmation. I then nodded and the guard left to give me some time to prepare.

I patted over to my vanity and grabbed a necklace off of the rack. I wound it around my neck and I wound some white pearls around my horns. My tail spikes and horns are a dark blue. There are also rainbow patterns on the undersides of my wings and underbelly.

I looked at myself in the mirror to see how I looked. The sapphire necklace brings out the silver and pale blue of my scales. Once I felt at least somewhat presentable, I made my way out of my room as I closed the door behind me.

"You look absolutely stunning, Silver." Hail said, with an approving nod of her head. I smiled and bowed my head in respect to the higher-ranked IceWing.

"Now we should be getting a move on. The Queen is expecting us." Hail explained, and with a nod in understanding, we then spread our wings and flew in the direction of the palace.

We landed outside in the courtyard, where guards were standing at attention, they were most likely told about our arrival. We both bowed to the guards and one of them led us inside to the Queens chambers. His name is Seal, if I remembered correctly.

When we entered, the Queen greeted us with a warm smile. I bowed deeply in respect to the Queen. Hail was standing off to the side. I then sat with my talons curled underneath me and my tail wrapped around my claws.

"If I may ask, why would you want to see me, Your Majesty?" I asked, in a cool and calm voice. The Queen just smiled and laughed quietly in response.

"Young Silver, there is something very important that I must tell you." I tilted my head in curiosity, what could it be? I wondered with excitement.

Queen Snowstorm then turned to Hail with a smile and a twitch of her tail. Hail got the message and began to speak.

"Well Silver, you have been called here because the Queen is going to take you under her wing, you will live here in the palace as her daughter." Hail explained, as she was speaking, her face lit up like a dragonet on Christmas morning.

I could only sit with wide eyes. I then turned from Hail, then to the Queen and back to Hail again. I couldn't believe what was happening. Was this for real? I thought. I was still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing.

"But wait... Right now? But all of my things are still at my house." I exclaimed, Queen Snowstorm only smiled warmly in response. After a short while, she began speaking.

"Your things have already been unpacked Silver. They were all brought here earlier this morning in preparation for your arrival." The Queen explained, with a gentle smile. I could only give a slow nod in response.

"Now,Hail. Would you please show Silver her new room?" The Queen asked, and Hail gave a nod and I followed after her with one last glance back at the Queen, or should I say my mother? I just shook my head and blew a plume of frost.

My life had changed in only a span of a few hours. I went from being an orphan to having not only a mother, but becoming a Princess. Yup, that's going to be a whole new life-changing event for me. I smiled brightly, this is by far, THE. BEST. DAY. EVER!

As I entered my new room, my eyes widened as big as saucers as I took everything in. There was a small desk in the corner of the room, a sleeping platform made of ice that glowed in the light of the afternoon sunshine. As I patted over to inspect the room in more depth, I caught sight of a few hanging shelves above my sleeping platform and in the center of the room, stood a large chest witch contained my belongings and my sentimental items, and finally, a vanity was in the far right of the room, witch was filled with all sorts of different jewels.

"Well, I'll leave you alone so you have some time to get settled in." Hail spoke up, giving me a curt nod as she turned and left the room, I just stared after her for a few seconds before I made my way to where I kept my scrolls.