Chapter 4: Science Class Is Weird

I could only put my tail over my snout in discomfort in an attempt not to throw up. The smells of the chemicals brought bad memories for me. I had almost been poisoned by the same SkyWings and NightWings that had tried to kill me.

I sat at my desk staring down at my science scroll with narrowed icy blue eyes.I don't understand the scientific terms that our teacher was explaining to us.

I turned to Ermine, who just looked deeply interested, I could only stare at her slack jawed. Who was she enjoying the smell of chemicals and strong cleaning supplies.

I then turned to the teacher. He was an IceWing named Husky. He was drawling on and on about scientific method and other boring stuff like that.I felt my eyelids grow heavy but I pinched myself to keep myself from falling asleep.

"Do you understand, students?" Our teacher asked, in a bored tone. We all just nodded as if we were zombies.

"I'm very into science. I love it." The teacher drawled on again, and I just toned him out. I just sighed and stared out of the window, I was just wanting this dreadful class to end already.

I was finally realized when the class ended. That class was very wacky. I then took a deep breath of fresh air.

I then nudged Ermine's wing with my own causing Ermine to look up at me with a raised eyebrow. I just sighed and explained to her about our wacky science teacher.

"He was't that wacky, Silver. You need to be more respectful, he's just doing his job teaching science." Ermine explained, looking at me with a slight pout.

I sighed and curled my tail around my back talons. I then blew a plume of frost in frustration. I eventually nodded. I then followed Ermine as we spread our wing and took off into the clear blue sky that was slowly darkening with clouds, witch meant a storm was coming.

The light was fading by the time we could see anything other than falling snowflakes. The lowering sun in the west tinted the sky a dusky orange, and the walls of the huge palace ahead of us were casting long shadows.

We landed outside in the courtyard and Tempest, came running out to greet us followed by my mother and Flurry. I smiled widly at my mother and Tempest

"How was school?" My mother asked, as we all walked inside. I lowered my head and whispered something into my mothers ear. She frowned and motioned for Hail to come over.

"Oh my Kami! Three Moons! Did you let the teacher know that you were uncomfortable?" Hail asked, with a worried and concerned look. I shook my head and twitched my tail.

I fidgeted with my necklace and my eyes darted around the room. I looked down at my talons as my tail began to twitch from side to side.

'Three Moons! That class made me so nervous and uncomfortable.' I thought. Just the thought of that class caused my IceWing spikes to rattle.

I was awoken early that morning to the sun shining into my face. I gave a quiet sigh and tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail, so with an annoyed sigh, I reluctantly got up and began to get ready for the day.

"Well... You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm." I muttered tiredly to myself, with a yawn.

Usually, I was always up before the sun had even risen in the sky. But I had stayed up late talking to Prince Frost. I yawned again and rubbed my talons over my eyes.

I push my wings off the ground as hard as I can to get them moving, and soar through the open sky. The sun had set, emitting a dim golden glow across the flooded plains. The crescent moon glinted on the other side of the horizon. I smiled widely as I did flips in the air, I just loved the feeling of the wind in my in my face and cooling my scales.