Chapter 1

It was early one morning, around 4-5 PM.  My dad, like always, stormed into my room. Hopefully he's nicer....I doubt it though.

"good, you're finally awake before I had to beat you to get your lazy ass up" my dad growled, holding a belt.

"Im up, Im up...." I said, softly, not really wanting to get up out of bed this early. Its not like anything interesting will happen.

I glanced over to my closet to see something staring at me. I never realized it was there but I didnt bother it and walked out of the room, following my dad.

I sat at the table, waiting for my breakfast but neither of my parents even acknowledge me. I sighed and tried fixing my own breakfast but eventually gave up since i wasnt able to reach the box of Lucky Charms. I went back to my room and saw an apple with a note. I picked up the note and read it:

"here's you an apple for breakfast. its not much but its something"

It was signed with NM. I wasnt sure who NM was but I happily ate the apple and it was good!

After a while, it became dark. Like always, I'd have to put myself to sleep. Once I was almost asleep, I heard my closet door open slightly and saw a black figure. I instantly shot up with a scared expression.

"calm down. I have no intention to harm you, Kiddo" the voice said.

"who...are you?" I asked, scared.

"I'm Nightmare, King of negativity and darkness" he said.

".....are you the one who left an apple for me?" I asked, curiously.

"indeed" He replied with a smile.

I wanted to run up to him and hug him but...then again, I really dont know if he would like that or not.

"I can sense negative thoughts within you. do you mind telling me what's on your mind?" Nightmare asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I...want to hug you but...I dot know if you'd allow me too..." I told him.

Nightmare stared at me for a moment before patting my head "has anyone showed you care and attention, Kid?"

I shake my head. Nightmare pulled me close and hugged me, which I hugged back.

"how would you like to live with me?" he asked.

I immediately looked up at him "can I please?"

He chuckled, picking me up in his arms "of course, kiddo"

I giggled "do you really mean it??"

"yes kiddo" Nightmare said.

Nightmare then picked me up "do you have anything you'd like to carry with you?"

I paused to think for a few minutes "uhm...i have this stuffy i call Mr. Hopper"

"Mr. Hopper huh? i dont see why you cant bring ypur stuffy. is it something that keeps you comfort?" he asked.

"uh huh and I sleep with it too!" I chirped.

Nightmare chuckled a bit "is there anything else you want to bring along?"

".....can I bring my blanket?" I asked.

"of course, kiddo. you can bring whatever. There's plenty of room where i live. i currently have 4 others that lives with me" Nightmare smiled.

"so...that makes...5 of you living in one place...?" I asked as he nods.

wow...this is gonna be fun!